Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mansi SanghaviYour feedback matters!
How to increase the quality of your hair? It's kinda rough and dry (the front part)! Within a week? Farewell time it is!
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.