Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManojYour feedback matters!
My wife is 25 years old and having an 9 month baby. And she regularly breastfeeding, so I want to know the best suitable oral contraceptive for her in this condition.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
My son is 2 years 3 month old. He had hip dislocation due to which he was in plaster for 2.5 months (in age of 2 years) and now recovering. His language skills seems to be poor limited to 25 words currently. He likes to stare moving object like fan. Do you see any issue?
My one years baby cries a lot do not know the reason she was in mumbai now shifted to kolkata for 2 mths.
My baby suffering from chest infection. I.e pneumonia. Antibiotics have been given by doctors. I jus wan to knw in hw many days my newborn will be cure. Completely.
This question related to my younger sister she is 12 years old she has always stomach pain after 4-5 hours whats is the reason for this? or is this any infection in her stomach.
How many hairs do we lose per day? Do we lose more hairs in a day when we get older? I am losing my eyebrow hair. What is happening to me? If my hand snags gently a hair will come out. Is that damaging? If you have any information on childhood alopecia, please let me know. I had a baby 7 months ago and ever since my hair has been falling out in clumps. I have sever hair fall after pregnancy. How can I make my hair look better?
What types of food I can give my baby as she is just five months and I don't have much breast-feeding because of very less milk. Other than formula milk what can I give her.
Hi! i'm having a baby girl. She is completing 2 yrs. She's till on motherfeed and won't quit. She has a poor intake of meals. She s slim, but active. Please suggest what to do?
My girl child is 03 years old. She does not eat happily. We force eat her with very difficultly . Therefore she is very thin as compare to same age group child .What should I do?
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.
My son is now seven months old and when he born since then he is having nasal sound and now also coming voice from his nose. So that is cough or any else . Regular voice coming.
Hello my son is 2 years old and his weight is 8. 5kgs I am veg I don' t want to give him any non veg food not even eggs but many people around me suggest me to give eggs so could you tell me it is really help me or is there any equivalent food for high protein?
What can I give to my 6 mnth child so dat he bcm healthy and also suggest timings. Bcs mne use bina timing gap ke kch na kch khilati rhi jiski wjh se usko loose motions ho gae ha .or wo healthy bhi nhi ho raha ha.
My 1 year infant has redness in the right eye. I guess it was bcos of shampoo usage. Can you please give me any suggestions about what is to be done! thank you.
Hello doctor. I have one baby girl age only 70 days ; she suffering urinary infection what will do any remedy from your side.
Doctor. My twin girls are 2.8 years old. They are saying stomach pain before passing motion and sometime in the night also. Both of them are having constipation problem since starting. Very poor eating habit and not taking proper diet even if introduce new and attractive food items. Please advise what could be the reason for stomach pain. Should I do any further test? My paediatrician gave them loose syrup still they are passing motion tight. Please advise.
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.