Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj J BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Dr, my tooths have becomes so sensitive and gums are weakened. Since last 6months. I can't able to get rid of this problem. Dr. Help me please as soon as you can.
Is chewing gum like happydent and orbit actually good and healthy for our teeth? If not recommend something better.
I am 20 year old. I have a problem in my teeth. Its paininga a lot. What type of tablets can I use. Can I use any pain relief tablet?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
My mouth has a permanent bad taste even after eating or drinking or brushing my teeth and using a mouthwash I' ve had the problem for 10 years and constantly eat mints or chew gum though this doesn' t help for long. Can it be cure?
I am suffering from mouth problems from one week. My tongue is dark red in colour and l am felt large pain when eat chilly.
My husband is 33 years old. He has tightness in jaws and head as well as anxiety since 2011 july after bee sting in neck. We consult many doctors but they told us that nothing happened due to bee sting. Please suggest what we should do ?
My gums keep on bleeding frequently although I brush twice a day and keep it clean. I use colgate sensitive toothpaste. Can it be related to my menstruation as it started after I started taking pain-killer pills (meftal-spas). Is it poisonous to my body in any way? can you please recommend some proper remedy?
I sleep very less, as less as 2-3 hours a day, still I don't feel sleepy, side effects, ulcers in mouth, dry mouth, and low concentration, what to do?
The tiny tots must use a toothbrush with a small rounded brush head and soft bristles. It helps in cleaning their milk teeth thoroughly.