Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ManjariYour feedback matters!
Hello I have had sex twice in a month nd undergone I-pill twice as well. And both the times, after taking pill I got bleeding. How long would my periods be delayed now as I am due for periods on 9 Feb. Thanks.
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
I am missing my periods from jan till now. I had my late periods in dec month. I just wana know how month long I am pregnant. I am confused.
I'vehad PCOD for almost a year now. I've been taking medication also have been working out but I'm unable to loose weight. Regardless of what I do. Plus, I've been having a lot of hair fall too. What do I do?
Hello, What is the correct time to have sexual intercourse, but pregnancy should be avoided? Please answer.
Hi. I am staying at Ahmedabad. I have to travel to goa by flight this Sunday. But today morning I came to know that I'm pregnant. My LPD is 8th June. I just tested on prega news kit and it's positive. Is there any problem in travelling from Ahmedabad to Goa by flight? Is it safe to go for 2 hours journey during pregnancy?
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system.
1. Loaded with vitamins and minerals
The juice comes loaded with a bevy of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants essential for our body. The only thing that doesn't find presence in aloe vera is vitamin d. Aloe vera juice is easily available in the market. You can start by consuming it plain and then graduate to trying it with other juices like amla, giloy, tulsi, and karela.
2. Fights digestive disorders
Daily consumption of aloe vera juice is believed to fight and cure a range of digestive disorders including poor digestion, constipation, acidity and gas. It is also beneficial in boosting appetite and keeping a check on weight gain.
3. Flushes our toxins from the body
Aloe vera juice consumption flushes out toxins from the body. Drinking it early in the morning will help you in many ways, right from curing digestive issues to cleaning the system.
4. Balances hormonal problems
The juice is often used in many other herbal tonics pivotal in curing hormonal issues, as well as pancreas and spleen related disorders.
5. Excellent for hair and skin
Aloe vera juice helps maintain smooth, radiant skin and promotes hair growth. Its topical application can relieve from superficial burns and scars. It can be used as a moisturising agent for the skin as well as the scalp.
6. Boosts immunity
The health benefiting properties of aloe vera juice also boosts the body's immunity, especially when teamed with amla, tulsi, and giloy juice - an ideal concoction to battle the change in season.
How to use
Aloe vera juice should ideally be consumed on an empty stomach. 20ml should be mixed with a glass of water. You can even try mixing equal quantities of aloe vera juice with tulsi (holy basil), amla (indian gooseberry), and giloy (heart-leaved moonseed) juice.
40/60 ml of karela (bitter gourd) juice can be mixed with 20ml of aloe vera juice along with a glass of water. Karela juice is excellent for diabetes and cholesterol, combining it with aloe vera juice doubles the power of the individual potions.
Due to office tensions I am unable to active on bed, my husband disappointing with me. So please suggest some tablets for increasing my mood. Please help me.
Hi Doctor My wife is pregnant with 6th month, I would to know if she can use wheat grass juice daily, is there any complications if she take This juice. Many elder people are saying is good to use but would like to know from doctors whether can be used and is it good for both.
Hi i am 21. Not having irregular periods problem. But regularly iam suffering from white discharge. When iam tired. When i am week it is happening mostly. Can you give me the exact reason ?
Hi, I am married and we are trying for a baby from last 3 months but unable to get success. Please help me.
My periods stop. The date of periods are over before 10 days. But m not down plzz help me. What I do. To down on periods.
Hello doctor I had my last menstrual cycle on 29th November and had intercourse on 17th december please tell me if their is any possibility of pregnancy.
I had my LMP on 29-12-16. I did test test and it came positive. But I had brown thick blood. While ultrasound radiologist told me its a on going abortion. My HCG level decrease to 42 ml. Today I got full red flow. Dr. told me its a BIO CHEMICAL ABORTION and prescribed me Misoprostol 200 for 4 days, so that everything comes out. My question is this should I take this medicine? Is this is safe. And why I am getting bio chemical abortion.
Hi doctor I can take ayurvedic and homeopathy medicines for pcod any side effects or problem please tell me.
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.