Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha S TalimYour feedback matters!
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
My father is 48 years old n he is diabetic patients. He is having saviour itching problem in whole body. What is issue? This itching is becoming vry worst please suggest.
I am 70 years old person recently effected with diabetes kindly intimate me what is an ideal diet for me so as to control diabetes I am a vegetarian person thanks .
My TSH level is 11.66 T3 is 117 T4 is 8.3 What should I conclude as TSH is out of range and T3, T4 are well in limit.
My mom is a diabetic patient. While surfing internet yesterday I came to know that camel milk is very useful and important against diabetes. People are claiming that they are no longer a diabetic patient after using camel milk. Please guide.
Few days back there was heavy pain on my right hand near by wrist. It continued for few days randomly. Later that I have a doubt on me that whether I have sugar. If I have sugar, how can I confirm it my self. I went to a lab to have blood check up. I was tested my blood, before breakfast and after the breakfast. The result is 93-96. And still I have a doubt whether I have sugar or not. please suggest me what to do?
What is the correct time for taking Green tea if taken 2 - 3 cups daily. I am 66 years female having controlled Diabetes with medicines. My wt is 66 Kg.
Hi sir, I have a problem in stomach its swelling and I am diabetic and bp patient. So tell me what should I do?
Suffering from thyroid and I have put on weight but I have to reduce my weight with proper diet, kindly provide me food chart and workouts.
Whether diabetics patient can take milk and taking the milk in the night will increase the urination.Please tell sir.
I am 45 years old n I am diabetic patient from last 9 years. Now sugar level of fasting 170 .I am continuing Aliphatic but I don't want to take any more and want to continue Homeopathy. please suggest is it fruitful .
I am 58 years old female and have diabetic and high per tension patient for past 4 years. I am on medication. I am used to take Aloe vera juice thrice a week. Pls suggest if taken Aloe vera juice will it harm in future. Is there any side effect also. Pls. Also suggest some natural medicine for diabetic.
I am a male, 61 years. I have diabetes since 15 years and on insulin. The sugar level is under control. For the past 10 days, I have acute flatulence and constipation. I tried just about every treatment that includes taking Fibril, a few ayurvedic medicines that include triphala, gasex etc. I find no relief. No pain in the abdomen. Can you prescribe anything for fast relief? Thanks.
I am a diabetic patient and recently my gall bladder was removed. What type of food habits I have to follow to keep good health.
How to reduce thyroid antibodies Mine is > 1300 TSH is normal Free t3 is borderline T4 is normal Taking thyronorm 150 mg.
According to most experts, depression and diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels