Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manish TawdeyYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife are not planning for baby yet. We want to have unprotected sex without using any pills or protection. Could you please let me know when are the best days to have such sex? For ex: my wife's period lasts for only 3 days then from which day to until which day we should have sex?
Backache is a very common complaint during pregnancy and a lot of pregnant women believe it is an inevitable part of being pregnant. But if we understand the reasons why it happens, then we can take remedial measures to help ourselves.
1) Majority of backache happens due to wrong posture and improved posturewill reduce the stress on your back. As the pregnancy advances, the growing baby bulk pushes the center of gravity forwards. This enhances the natural curve of the back and puts the back muscles under more stress.
One must try to walk tall and keep the stomach tucked in towards the back (as far as comfortable) while standing and walking. Always bend from your knees and not waist to pick up something from below (even your baby). Avoid sudden twisting movements from the waist,instead turn the whole body sideways to reach the object.
2) Try to improve upon the strength of the back muscles by gradually including theendurance exercises in your daily regimen. One can safely do almost all kinds of exercises till the fifth month of pregnancy but always have a word with your doctor before starting.
3) Always take your supplements (calcium, Vitamin D as prescribed by your doctor because nature tends to draw calcium from mother's bones and divert it towards the baby. So any kind of deficiency will be more harmful for the mother rather than the baby.
4 Use a medium -firm mattress and a good pillow to sleep. Very soft or very firm (Orthopedic) mattresses may not be very comfortable during pregnancy.
5) During early pregnancy one can sleep in any posture including sleeping on your tummy if this makes you more comfortable. After the 6th month of pregnancy it is better to sleep preferably on your side with a small cushion placed between your knees A gentle back massage is very soothing at times. Drink plenty of water and other liquids so you don't have urinary infections or constipation which may also sometimes cause backache.
I have a periodic issue from last few month after marriage. My period date are not constant n m overweight too. 5.6 height weight 95 kg.
My wife has periods on date but it is not property. 1 of day bleeding well but now a days. It should be not going properly. This is sing of pregnancy or not.
Hi doctor. Am 31 male. I had intercourse with my girl friend on March 25th with condom. Her menses date was March 12th. April 12th should come but delays. She has irregular cycle for the past few months. Am not sure if condom cracks and sperm got inserted. So we took home pregnancy strip test on April 20 (38th day) morning 1st urine it's negative. Then again she took home pregnancy strip test on April 29 (47th day) morning 1st urine it's also negative. Till now menses didn't come. Is there chance to get pregnancy or safe? Please answer. Thanks in advance.
Causes, symptoms and treatment of Infertility
Hi, I am Dr. Jayanti Kamany. I am an IVF Consultant practicing at Srishti Fertility Centre and Women's Clinic in Mumbai. So, today i'll be talking about Infertility. The problem of infertility is on a steep rise. Some of the causes for the rise in inferility are increased age at the time of marriage for women, postponement of child bearing. Even if a women gets married earlier she postpones her child bearing for various purposes like her career.
Increased stress levels today, increased levels of sexually transmitted diseases and of course Tuberculosis, which is a very common disease in our country. So, who is to be blamed for the infertility. We have found that 3 out of 10 couples are battling with this problem of infertility. 30% of the faults is found in the female, another 30% is found in the male partner, again 30% is found in both partners and about 10-15% cannot be explained because inspite of all the tests being normal, there is no problem which can be found and we call it unexplained infertility.
There are two types of infertility:
1. Primary infertility- Primary infertility is when the couple has never conceived
2. Secondary infertility- Secondary infertility is when the couple had a child but cannot conceive again, or the couple has conceived, has had an abortion but there is no conception again.
When should a couple consult or take treatment for infertility?
Usually if the ovum is young, if she is below 28 years she can wait for one year after trying to consult an Infertility Specialist. Even after one year if the couple doesn't conceive inspite of having regular sexual intercourse without having birth control measures they should see an Infertility specialist.
Now there are certain conditions where a couple irrespective of the duration of marriage or age should see a doctor immediately. So, what are those conditions? In the female, if she is having any problems regarding her menstrual cycle, suppose her menstrual cycles are irregular or she is getting very scanty bleeding or scantimensis or she has very severe pain during mensis or otherwise if she had a surgery where her one ovary is removed or a problem of polycystic ovarian disease which is very common today the she needs to see a Gynaec immediately. If she has recurrent abortions, that is, she can conceive but cannot carry the pregnancy to 9 months then definitely there is something wrong with her so she has to consult an Infertility specialist.
What are the causes in a male?
A male, if he has had a surgery in the testes or if he has a history of a disease called mumps in his childhood, or if he has a low sperm count or he cannot feel his testis in his scrotum then he needs to see a Fertility specialist.
For further information on this topic of Infertility or if you are planning to conceive, you can consult me on Lybrate.com.
It's not that you feel the same responsiveness while having a sexual relationship with your partner like you used to have earlier; impotency in women can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain your relationship with your partner.
If you know what impotency in women is, it will be helpful for you to get it treated:
- Inhibited desire disorder: Most women who are impotent in sex have almost no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are illness, tiredness, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship disharmony, and drug or alcohol abuse. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they lose the sexual desire. Medication and child birth can also be another cause for this. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also sometimes leads to impotency among women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. The main cause of the pain is that the womb is not able to lift up, and the discomfort for this does not allow the walls of the vagina to swell and allow the penis to enter the vagina. Mainly lack of lubrication and endometriosis is an important cause for such a pain. You will have superficial pain when there are issues like genital herpes, muscle spasms and other such problems. With experience of such pain, many women fear the feelings of intercourse, and they start lacking the sexual desire in total.
- Lack of ability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm with the penile penetration. The truth is that it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women while having sex do not reach the climax! Women who love their partner without getting orgasm during sexual intercourse may feel different. And gradually they lose their desire for having sexual relations. There are a few factors like poor blood flow to the vagina, hormone imbalance that create this problem.
If you are facing any of the above problems, you may be suffering from impotency. However, do not get threatened as you are not alone, and getting to your doctor will help you out of such problems.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old married girl. I have done d&c on 22nd april because of missed abortion. Sine then I had no periods. I consulted my gynae for the same and she prescribed me with sysron and thrice a day for 3 days. I completed the course last week only but I had no periods yet. Also after 3 days of completing the course of sysron and I had little spotting if brown thick mucus kind secretion. What should I do now so that I get my period? pls help me with your great pool of knowledge. Regards.
Pregnancy test negative. Right ovarian cyst36*16*17 mm. Once took meprate for withdrawal bleed n nxt month progesterone injections for withdrawal bleed, this month also missed my menses.
I had unprotected sex on 5 may. And took ipill on the same days, also I am bleeding now. But in little amount. I am afraid of this. Can anybody tell am I pregnant or safe. I had my periods on 26 april. Now please tell me what to do.
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old female. Having lower abdomen pain every time from last 4 months, 12 days prior to menstruation.
My wife can't get pregnant. We are trying past 3 months. My wife start period from 29 may 2016 please suggest me the duration to get pregnant faster.
I got intimate with my husband on 19th february 2017, in how many days I will get to know whether I am pregnant or not?
Hello Doctor. I'm pregnant. I did scan on22 sep.in that yolk sac seen .CRL is 0.9.internal OS is closed. Cx. Is 3.5. And finally she wrote 6.6w.she didn't told how many weeks pregnant I'm I.Then can you please say how many weeks pregnant I'm I.my gynecologist didn't told anything.
Suggest me a medicine to avoid pregnancy after having 1 month pregnancy I want to know best ans from you thank you.
I took unwanted 72 pill after 24 hours of the sex. My. Expected date for bleeding is. 12 april. Usually I get periods of 25 days, is that pill is worthful.
· High success rates
· Personal attention to patients
· State of art-lab with latest medical equipments
· Convenient location