Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Jasnani
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Manish JasnaniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, when I use earbuds to remove dust then it pains blood comes in buds and the dust remains inside so how to remove.
Sore throat, though painful, lasts only for a few days. Sometimes
It is accompanied or followed by dry cough. Most of us get it
Treated with antibiotics and painkillers which is normally
Unnecessary. It is mostly self limiting and may go away in a few
Days. Yet, it is not something to be left untreated. And most
Certainly, you ought to get medical attention if it is recurrent.
# airborne allergens
# upper respiratory infections
# dry air
# sinus infection
# other infections like laryngitis or pharyngitis
# post nasal drip
# gerd/acid reflux
A few days of home treatment can help if the sore throat is not
Characterised by fever or other symptoms.
1. Gargle! one cup of lukewarm water with one teaspoon of salt and
A pinch of turmeric would make an excellent gargle to soothe sore
Throat. Do this at least 3 times a day.
2. Ginger tea with honey.
3. A tea prepared with lemon can also help.
4. Chamomile tea is relieving.
5. Broths (vegetable or chicken) are good.
6. A lot of warm fluids should be taken.
7. In the case of allergens, recognize the allergen and stay away
From it. Use a humidifier or air conditioner.
8. Stay away from second hand smoke, caffeine and alcohol.
9. Elevate the head with pillows at night.
10. Licorice, thyme, peppermint, eucalyptus oil are some other
Herbs used for home treatment.
11. Cough lozenges and cough suppressants can help with pain.
12. Take rest (voice included).
In the case of severe throat pain with fever and swollen lymph
Nodes you will need to consult me privately.
I always feel there is something inside my throats of which I keep throwing out fluids every time. Please what might be the cause
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of the throat.
It is mere * myth * that the tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. Tonsillitis can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids as they get exposed to the different environment for the first time.
With age advances frequency of attacks reduces because the body gains immunity after each episode.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: when frequency and duration of acute attacks increases. This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of throat pain fever occasionally ear ache off and on also known as acute on chronic illness.
- Acute tonsillitis: This is a form of acute infection which usually doesn't recur but may set once or so.
A virus or bacteria that causes common cold may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
- Fever and chills
- A headache, ear ache, and stomach ache
- May experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Change in voice when tonsil such enlarged - hot potato voice.
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics in acute cases and in some resistant chronic cases, operation tonsillectomy is indicated . Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature and recurrence is more than 3 times per year or a child fails to thrive .
This operation is very simple now a days with new technologies.