Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh S PotdarYour feedback matters!
Bad breath is a condition in which a stale odor comes out of the mouth. Bad breath can be chronic and serious and a minor issue as well. It usually develops due to germ build-up inside the mouth. When a person eats or drinks anything except water, germ build-up initiates. These germs cause decay of food substances in the mouth, causing the odor. To tackle this problem, mouth fresheners must be used. There are numerous natural mouth fresheners that can be effectively used on daily basis.
1. Fennel seeds-
Chewing fennel seeds helps in eliminating bad breath after meals. You can also chew them whenever you feel that the germ build up has begun and an odor is coming out.
2. Mint leaves-
A spoonful of mint leaf juice can work wonder on neutralizing bad breath. It halts germ build-up immediately. You can also choose the easier option and simply munch onto some mint leaves.
3. Citric fruits-
Have a good portion of orange or sweet lime pulp whenever you experience bad breath. Citric acid in these fruits acts against the germs and the fruit dominates the odor forcing it to disappear.
Not many people know that guava is an excellent mouth freshener. Don’t just eat the pulpy part of the fruit; consume it with the outer layer. The skin of this fruits effectively fights germs in the mouth, decreasing the bad odor.
The seeds of pomegranate must be regularly chewed to effectively tackle chronic mouth odor issues. It also works immediately on germ build-up and neutralizes it.
Clove is an ideal cure not only to your bad breath but also to all your dental and oral problems. Rather than chewing it, it’s better to keep it on your cheek side and sucking it in every few seconds. It doesn’t let any germs to build-up in your mouth, at the same time it ensures better dental and oral health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Dr, I am having bad breath from my childhood. What should I do for that? Is there is any treatment for that?
I want to know till what age can dental braces be applied? Is there any age limit till which they give desirable results? And what is the total price of the treatment? I am 18 years old.
Hii, my teeth are yellow from the day I got born. I think it's a heredity problem cos my mom teeth r also yellow plus my teeth r not straight. Please help to get white teeth n straight.
Eating a piece of cheese after a meal helps in pulling away some of the plaque and leftover tiny food particles from meals. And since it contains calcium, it adds to the health of teeth and bones as well.
I am a male 26yrs. Since 5 yrs i have a problem of bad breath immediately even after brushing. I brush 2 times daily. I have scaled my teeth for every 6mnths. Even the problem persists. I am getting married. Please provide a solution for my natural good breath in my mouth.
Hi, I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last few years. When I get this ulcer I use b-complex tab so I can get relief. But how long is this. Can I have permanent remedy for this.
I have GUm problem since childhood suggest. E some remedy so that I can have a proper plan to eat as desired and in my ways lzzz suggest sme remedy for me lzz do insta help m is not able.
Hello, I want to ask regarding my teeth, one of my teeth in the middle become yellowish, it looks so ugly, I hv done with the Xray n Xray is fine and I never meet with an accident too, so how can I overcome from this? Like which toothpaste or brush I can use?
I an 25 year old male and I am suffering problem of mouth ulcers. What is the solutions? Please help me.
I am from Macherla , Guntur district,Andhra Pradesh and my problem is that my teeth are changed to red color because of my habit . I use to chew tobaco.Any treatment for my teeth to get back to my natural color of my teeth ?
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.