Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta JainYour feedback matters!
A very good experience.. Hoping improvement wid medication
I have dry flakes and low density of hair on top of head. I have did many medications previous six months but it did not work so pls suggest me some solution.
I have a black spots on my face .am consult a doctor last time. He suggest me to use skin lite cream. I applied on face only two days. Applied area will dry the skin will be coloured back on applied area. What should I do.
My hairs are becoming less day by day. My age is 22 +. Hair transplant is good or not. And age matters for hair transplant? thanks.
Hi Presently I am healthy and happy in my life. But in my legs thumb some kind of itching and long hard black spot create at top of my legs thumb. Can you please help me and suggest me a right treatment.
I am tired of this pimples and rashes in between my fingers I don't know what these are small water pouch are formed what to do please prescribe some medicine.?
I know in my face pimple come for hormonal imbalance. My question is. How can I recover those hormones and get clear skin? Suggested me any medicine or suggested me any helping way to help me get clear skin Please THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
My wife has got heavy rashes all over the shoulders after finishing her waxing treatment. Can you pls suggest some creams or treatment to cure this?
I have damaged dry and frizzy hair how can I treat them naturally and improve my hair growth as well.
I am 21 years old boy. I have moustache and beard. But it is very weak and thin. How can I increase the strength of beard and moustache. Is there any medicine.
I am a 22 year girl. I have scars on my face due to pimples. And on my face pimples too due to oily skin. Please suggest face wash.
I am 20 year old female. I am having dandruff problem which is the best shampoo to get rid of this please inform me.
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort.
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions.
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, visit a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.