Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Malti ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 6 week pregnant. Please give me diet tips care to be taken in detail. Can I take coffee. I have constipation problem and bleed gums. Thankyou.
Hi, last month I had miscarriage due to excess heat in my body. Let me know what food I have to take and what to avoid. I am 28 now desperately trying to conceive.
I am a 16 year old girl. I am having irregular periods please suggest me some ways for having regular periods.
I miss my date. Which is expected 22th of march. Last tym I had a sex without protection after 7days free for my monthly circulation. So I am confused that I am pregnant or not.
What are the long term side effects of krimson 35? And will it actually help in regulating periods along with metformin 500 mg? If not then what will?
My female friend took an I pill twice in a week within 24 hours of the act as the condom broke twice. Now she is late on her period by a day or two. Would taking I pill twice in a week reduce its affect and what should she do now? Should the period be expected late or is something wrong?
Having intercourse during periods , does it reduce the flow of periods ? I had on my 2nd day and now on 4th day flow of periods has reduced.
What is Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis is an infection that occurs in and around the female genitalia. It does not usually pose a major health threat and is a mild infection that can be controlled and cured with timely medical intervention. Although it is believed to be sexually transmitted, it can also affect women who are not sexually active.
Bacterial Vaginosis can however, be dangerous for women who are pregnant and are near to their delivery date. It can cause severe uterine infection and increases the chance of miscarriage.
In some cases, pelvic surgeries, which include caesarean, hysterectomy, abortion or other abdominal surgery, bacterial vaginosis can be contracted during the surgical procedure. This can further complicate the condition of the patient.
Bacterial Vaginosis is a common complaint among women who have physically reached the child bearing age and symptoms of this physical problem can become prominent at any time of the menstrual cycle.
Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
Dirty, unwashed underwear
Multiple sexual partners
Change in the vaginal pH, causing the reduction in the protective acidic secretion that prevents the growth of other harmful bacteria
It can also arise from the placement of Intrauterine device (IUD), a contraceptive device placed to prevent the eggs released by the ovaries, from reaching the uterus.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
The most common sign of bacterial vaginosis is a foul smelling vaginal discharge.
The discharge increases after sexual activities.
Discomfort during urination
In some rare cases, there is itching and dryness
In most cases, bacterial vaginosis does not reveal too many symptoms and does not even cause intense irritation.
Bacterial Vaginosis can be treated with antibiotics that are generally to be continued for a course of 7 days.
Symptoms and discomfort of bacterial vaginosis generally recede within 2-3 days. However, it is recommended that the medicine should not be stopped even after the symptoms disappear.
- Only in rare cases, certain antibiotics may lead to a vaginal yeast infection. In case of redness, inflammation, irritation and undesirable discharge, you must seek medical attention immediately.
Hi, I am 6 months married guy trying to become a father. I am regularly having intimation with my wife since last 4-5 months and trying to make her pregnant, but unfortunately couldn't. I am ejecting in her vagina but unfortunately couldn't eject it deeper. Do I need to deep penetrated to make her penetrate OR any other advice to make her pregnant. Why she is not getting pregnant. Do I need to visit a doctor for this?
Sir my wife is pregnant so how many day I don't do sex to her? and I am doing sex then what is danger? please guide me sir.
Dear Sir/mam I am suffering from pcod from 11 years I have taken so many oral hormone and metformin but the result is zero I also have taken apcod but result yet zero I don't have regular period and a very less blood flow please suggest me some treatment.
I and my girlfriend recently had unprotected sex, and within 36 hours she had Unwanted 72. After almost one week she is bleeding. The first bleed had some kind of a clot. How can I know whether she is pregnant or not?
Hi. .I am 41 year old healthy female. I had regular periods of 25 days till April this year post that the cycle has changed to 50 days that means I am having my periods every 2 years. Also I am felt breast pain during last period similar to what you feel during pregnancy. Is this a start of menopause. Do I need to take any medication. Please note that my mother also started menopause during her 40s.
My periods are not happening in the time. N when I go through my period days I suffer from severe stomach ache.
Walking barefoot decreases loading on the lower extremity joints in knee osteoarthritis.
Shakoor n1, block ja.
To evaluate the effects that modern shoes have on gait and lower extremity joint loads in osteoarthritis (oa).
Gait analyses were performed on 75 subjects with knee oa while they were wearing their everyday walking shoes and while they were walking barefoot. The trials involved optoelectronic detection of external markers during ambulation over a multi component force plate, and were matched for speed. Comparisons were made of gait parameters and joint loading during trials in which the subjects walked while wearing shoes and while barefoot.
Peak joint loads at the hips and knees significantly decreased during barefoot walking, with an 11.9% reduction noted in the knee adduction moment. Stride, cadence, and range of motion at the lower extremity joints also changed significantly, but these changes could not explain the reduction in the peak joint loads.
Shoes may detrimentally increase loads on the lower extremity joints. Once factors responsible for the differences in loads between with-shoe and barefoot walking are better delineated, modern shoes and walking pra.
I am 30 years old, got married this month. I am unable to insert my penis into her vagina as the moment I try to insert she is having severe pain n also my penis is hard though but when I try to insert the base of the penis gets bent and its very week n not hard enough to insert properly. I am newly married n worried coz m not even able to do intercourse once. Please help.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.