Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Malti ShahYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 years old female with two kids, 4 years old child and 8 month old breastfeeding baby. All of a sudden there is extreme heaviness in my right breast, it almost feels like stone with lot of lumps. I fed my baby and still it is the same since almost 4 hours. There also seems to be a small boil sort of thing on my right nipple. There is also slight pain in the right breast. What could be the reason for this? How do I cure this?
If you are looking for an ideal body therapy with health benefits, you should try Shirodhara. It is an effective and unique Ayurvedic body therapy having great impact on your nervous system. Shirodhara directly and immediately helps in calming, relaxing and cleansing your mind and nerves.
Before the procedure, your head is massaged using appropriate oils for almost 10 minutes. A whole body massage may be needed depending on your condition. You need to lie on your back on the Shirodhara table and a small pillow will be kept for support under your neck. Your therapist will put oil in the Shirodhara pot and pour it on your forehead and head. A continuous stream of oil will be poured and the pot is oscillated from one side to the other of your forehead. After this, the oil is recollected from the table, reheated and the entire procedure is carried out again.
Benefits of Shirodhara
Shirodhara is an ideal treatment for people with nervous system problems. The symptoms of stress, anxiety, fatigue and hypertension are cured using this therapy. Your mood is regulated and you feel happy and relaxed.
The following health conditions are also assisted by Shirodhara therapy:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD: One should try to reduce the excess vata dosha, which is the dosha that becomes imbalanced because of PTSD. Shirodhara undertaken using nervine herbs is very beneficial for relieving PTSD symptoms.
- Insomnia: Shirodhara is very effective in curing sleeping problems, especially when carried out using herbs. Shirodhara using milk is also efficient in treating insomnia. The pineal glands get stimulated and melatonin is produced, which regulates the sleep-wake cycle.
- Jet Lag: In case you fly frequently and your daily sleep pattern is out of sync, you suffer from a condition called jet lag. Shirodhara helps in restoring your normal sleep pattern and removes accumulated fatigue. While travelling, you should apply Vata oil or Bhringaraj oil on your forehead.
- Hypertension and others: Shirodhara is very effective in lowering the blood pressure. It is also good for you in maintaining proper health in general. Deep relaxation is promoted, fatigue is relieved and the body and mind get reinvigorated. Shirodhara also helps in balancing your energy levels and if you require relaxation, the therapy will fully satisfy your needs. Shirodhara aids in boosting your body’s immune system and balances the Ayurvedic mind-body types or doshas. Excessive thoughts and worrying are also eased as a result of this therapy. Your face is rejuvenated and worry lines are corrected.
Shirodhara is a totally natural procedure with no side effects on the body. Appropriate diagnosis of your condition, mesdicines and Shirodhara together helps you in recovering from all diseases as most of the diseases are Psychosomatic. Kindly consult me personally on Lybrate to know the best regimen and Shirodhara type for you.
My wife is pregnant of 3 months. Her blood group is o-ve & mine is o+ve. At what time ICT test should be done.
The best ways to avoid getting an STD are to abstain from any sexual contact and be in a monogamous, long-term relationship with an uninfected partner. To reduce the odds of getting STDs:
Ask your partner if he or she has an STD.
Ask partners to be tested before sexual activity.
Avoid sexual activity if your partner has signs of an STD.
Be aware of symptoms and get regular checkups with your health care provider.
I indulged in non penetration sex and my boyfriend touched his penis to my vagina for few seconds and for safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours, after 8 days I got light bleeding for 3 days which was 4 days earlier to my actual period date (16/2/2017) which I missed, I took 4 pregnancy test on 23 feb, 25 feb, 3rd March and 10th March all are negative. I have pain in lower back and abdomen similar to periods cramps, sometimes on left side more, I got my last period on 16 jan 2017. Then I missed on 16 feb due to ipill, still I have no periods. What should I do? Do I need more tests? Do I am pregnant?
Hello Doctors, I am 20 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy first pregnancy resulted in stillbirth due to IUGR. Just gone for level 2 scan which shows I am having a low lying placenta also baby is in transverse position with head up to right. Is this a matter of concern? Babies keeps changing position in womb but how to deal with low lying placenta because I do some pressure in my pelvic area thanks. Any advise.
My gynaec told me during ultrasound that I have excessive amniotic fluid and AFI she mentioned as 13.0 cm. Is it a cause of concern or worry? What should I do ?my baby was seen quite active and in breech position.
My age is 41. I got a cut near anus by nail six month before. It is not healing up. I am using soframycin.
Hello doctor am 25 years old. I have been married since two years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had made a pre-conceptional visit with our doctor and she had checked my BP and had given few tests like Hb, Thyroid profile, FBS/PPBS and Rubella Ag Test. So the other test results were normal except the Bp (132/88 for the first visit and 130/92 for the second visit) & Rubella Ag Test that gave a non reactive result within a range of 9.30 and advised me to take the vaccination (R-Vac) on my second day of the menstrual cycle and reminded me to Not to get pregnant within 1 month. For the HT my doctor suggested me to meet a physician so for that I met a consultant physician so he checked my BP and it was normal. But for clearance of vaccination I asked him about the rubella ag test so he advised me that after getting the vaccination, I should Not get pregnant for minimum 6 months, since its a live attenuated vaccine so it may take time. So Doctor my question is how long should I not plan for the pregnancy after vaccination? Is it 6 months or 1 month? Is there any specific date for the vaccination as mentioned above (the second day of menstrual cycle)? Or any time?
Hello I am 29 years old Married and my husband age 46. Last night and early morning we did sexual intercourse, and now found little pain in my vagina. Why this kind of problem happened, please give me some solutions.
My sister's period is too late this time. Last period date was 18th June n in July didn't come, it didn't happened any time earlier, its first time. N now so much pimples are coming on her body, could you suggest the medicines.
For those who get up at night from sleep to urinate or early morning: each individual must take note of the 3 x 1/2 minutes. Why is it important? 3 x 1/2 minutes will greatly reduce the number of sudden deaths. Often this occurs, a person who still look healthy, has died in the night. Often we hear stories of people, yesterday I was chatting with him, why did he suddenly die? the reason is that when you wake up at night to go to the bathroom is often done in a rush. Immediately we stand, the brain lacks blood flow. Why '3 x 1/2 minute' very important? in the middle of the night when you are awakened by the urge to urinate, for example, an ecg pattern can change. Because getting up suddenly, the brain will be anaemic and causes heart failure due to lack of blood. Advised to practice '3 1/2 minutes' which are:
1. When waking from sleep, lie in bed for the 1st 1/2 minute;
2. Sit in bed for the next 1/2 minute;
3. Lower your legs, sitting on the edge of the bed for the last half-minute. After 3 x 1/2 minutes, you will not have anaemic brain and heart will not fail, reducing the possibility of a fall and sudden death.
Share with family, friends and loved ones. It can occur regardless of age; young or old.
Sharing is caring. If you already know, regard this as refresher.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.