Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malkani R HYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I am 26 years old. Mere hair bahut jayda white ho rahe hai koi upye btao inhe rokne ka please.
Hi myself asma am 25 years old , actually my face is becoming dull n dark I hv started using olay anti aging cream .bt am nt sure wats d ryt tym 2 start anti aging and do olay really affects n gives gud result . Am I doing right? Pls suggest me Thank you.
I am 46 years old man, working for aviation company in catering department. I am in this profession since last 24 years. My problem is since last couple of years I am having pillow puffing / bugs under my eyes, got it checked with test KFT & LFT both were clear yes HBP was recorded. How can I get off from this issue. Please advise.
SIR, I does not have any pimples yet. But one week later some come up then I scratched then a lot come on ma face. What to reduce it?
My face glow reduced? Why?what's the reason? How to increase glow in my face? Suggest me some ointment.
I am suffering from hair fall from 3 years my hair is not strong so I want my hair thick and strong and long so please suggest any tip for my hair growth.
I'm Harsh and I'm 15 years older and my hairs are turning into white. Is there any solution to again turn into black hairs?
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.