Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malik ShahYour feedback matters!
My has suffering from schizophrenia psychology problem. As per said Doctor said we have stopped the medicines during her 2nd pregnancy-delivery. 20 days back she got delivered a baby. And again she went into depression. So we are using the medicines DON 1 mg and ARIFINE 5 mg each 1 at night as doctor said at the time of stopping the medicines (Dr. Said that if problem comes can use same medicines so are using.) Problem: 1.By using these medicines (DON 1 mg n ARIFINE 5 mg each at night) can do feed the baby with the mothers milk. 2.is there any effects on baby for these medicines? 3. Baby can't stop crying until take mothers milk so please tell me the prior precautions. Thanking you.
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
I have 9 month old baby he did not pass motion since 2 days. But today he pass motion in stool form. Is this serious. What should I do please suggest.
What medicines should be given to my baby she is 5 months old kid she is having cold and she is very thin.
Hi, My son is one year old. I want to stop feeding. Night while sleep he will take 3 feeding. He is not drinking bottle milk. Also. How to practice them?
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.