Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Angioplasty not recommended by doctor as heart cell dead. Is it OK to survive without risk on medicines.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard. Con you suggest what should be done?
How many of us had heard about Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) before Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa was put on it for recovery? Hardly a handful. Patients who are placed on the device have 50-50 chance of survival and while it could not help the late Chief Minister, her condition put a spotlight on ECMO.
What is ECMO?
ECMO is a life support device that is put in place when a patient’s heart and lungs stop functioning completely post a cardiac arrest. When the patient does not respond to Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), the patient is put on ECMO.
Function of ECMO
The core function of the device is to separate carbon dioxide from the blood and add oxygen into it. It takes the load off from heart and lungs, providing critical time to the body organs for its treatment and recovery.
Patients are only put on ECMO, if there is a chance that the condition can be reversed.
How does ECMO work?
The device drains blood from a vein, which is attached to an oxygenator machine. The machine then removes carbon dioxide from the blood and adds oxygen to it. Depending upon the condition of the patient, the warm blood is either pumped into the body with the help of the machine or is transferred back into the body through an artery.
How long a patient can be on ECMO?
- After seven days of being put on ECMO,there are chances of patient getting an infection.
- In case the patient contracts an infection, it is recommended to take the patient off ECMO support.
I have a discomfort, pain on my chest. When I turn my neck I get a piercing pain. My very recent Ecg, Echo and Chest Xray says it is all normal. Suffering with this problem for past 3weeks.
My father has high BP. He wants to do some physical exercises. But he is confused what to do either jogging or running or walking. His age is 50 and weight 70 kg and height 5.4" Suggest us some info.
I am having a pain in my chest and left shoulder for quite some time now, ie from about two years. Is it a problem to worry? I am a eggtarian and don't smoke or drink alcohol but I am obese by hereditary. Please advice.
I having hypertension from last 10 years. Is there any way to control it without medicine? what precautions should I take? my age is 48 years now I don't have any other problem.
Hii I have a problem in my chest. My chest nipples always puffy n looks ugle in tshirts but when I squeeze it becomes normal. What is the reason for this. My friend told me I have a more estrogen level in my body is it true? How to cure it.
I sometimes feel palpitations anytime of the day. It's very severe when it happens. What should I do?
I'm diabetic since 32 years and on insulin, also having blood pressure for which I take 50mg Aten. Please suggest Ayurvedic prescription ?
Sir, I am 36 year old with family history of diabetic, triglyceride & cholesterol. My report also showing minor increase in triglyceride & cholesterol. Diabetic report is ok. Can you suggest some treatment.
I'm 22 years old female and I have chest pain from last 6 month. I used medicines which provided my Physician name as Himcospaz but its not that much effective. What should I do.
Hello doctor my self raju bai. I am 50years old women. I have high blood pressure problem for last two months what should I do.
I feel a chest pain sometimes doctors said it is cause of hurt but I do not remember any kind of hurt I got. Then what is the possibility may happens gor this?
I am 24 years old, height 6 ft, weight 80 kg, male, suffering from high blood pressure some time 160/100, some time 136/88, I am not taking any medicine, what should I do? what type of yoga is suitable for me?
My query my blood pressure high with three month please tell me my blood pressure high problem solve out please ans me sir.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.