Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mala MehtaYour feedback matters!
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?
Hello doctor, my daughter is 9 months old, She weighs around 6.5 kg she is underweight so please tell how to increase.
My 4 year old son having high fever 101.5 under the arm right now. Given paracetamol syrup (5 mg) at 7 pm, please suggest.
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
My baby boy is 3 months old. I have given him pentavac. Is it safe? I am very upset hearing the rumor about deaths after this vaccine. Is it safe?
My baby is 22 days old. She has difficultly in passing urine and toilet. I had consulted 2 child specialist they said nothing to worry. It's normal. But still is there any remedy? Today she keep on releasing gas frequently and cries while releasing gas.
My child 1y 6m cries during passing of urine since 2 days ( she shows the genitals that she has pain there ) Is it urine infection? Please suggest the remedy or medicine.
My son is 1 and half year I can give him ultra d3 syrup if yes tell me how many doses should be given?
Hi my baby is 7 month. He was having green slight runny stool 5 6 times a day. We consulted doctor and he asked for stool test and also prescribed lepicol probiotic capsules half at a time 2 times a day. Later when the stool test results came doc said its normal and to continue with probiotic for 6 days. Everything else is NIL in the result .But RBC is 0-1/hpf and pus cells is 1-2/hpf. So I am still concerned on this. Need second opinion on this. Pls help.
My boy is 2 months 15 days old. He don't have 6th to 12th ribs of right side and he has curved spinal cord. What is the best treatment for him? Please tell me.
My daughter is 10 months old her skin becomes dry due to winter I wanna use libero lotion is lotion is good to use for my baby skin.
I am a mother of a 32 weeks premature baby, am unable to breast feed my baby as m not getting milk, used an electric feeding pump too but of no use, what I have to do for breast feeding my baby.
I am from palakkad, here it is 42degree Celsius hot, my Hus bought an A. C, I have a 6 month old baby, I want to know is it safe to use a. C for babies, which is best ceiling fan or air conditioner?
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hi, I am doctor Ayush Sharma. I am a specialist in orthodontics and in facial orthopaedics. I deal basically in braces in young children and adults as well.
Most of the eager children must be noticing that their children have got crooked teeth. The reason for this is evolutionary changes, the jaw size is decreasing, the number of teeth are still the same, the dietary changes. All these are causing the teeth to become more and more crowded. The reason is that of the jaw size and the tooth size relationship. It is not matching anymore. This is why you must be observing that the milk teeth are not falling at the right time whereas the permanent teeth are getting more and more delayed. The solution for this is we need to have regular check ups for our children so that this problem can be solved at an earlier stage. If the child comes to us at an earlier stage, we have more treatment options and the bone is less mature so we can perform better procedures such as braces and other orthopaedic appliances which help in enhancing the jaw growth so that all the teeth can be accommodated well and your child can have a perfect smile.
In earlier days, we only had the option of getting metallic braces done but with the advancement and the recent technologies that has resulted in tooth coloured braces, invisible braces, lingual braces and more and more advancements which make the treatment very comfortable for your child and this does not limit you to a child treatment as well, but it has enhanced and even adults can get their crooked teeth corrected by us which results in better smiles, healthier teeth and longevity of the teeth as well.
If you have any queries regarding your crooked smile, irregularly placed teeth or you are not happy with your chewing ability, you can definitely contact me through liberate or contact me via my phone number, via my email or message me.