Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maithili KadamYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old and I have a cyst in right ovary measuring of size 41mm. 4 yrs back it was of 1 cm. I had been taking dayna 35 for last 4 yrs but hv stopped just 4 months ago. Please advice is it somthing serious.
Hi im f 20 I usually get period at 25 of every month but after using pill since I had sex my period I had on 1st March and later I had sex again n m worried cos till now I ddnt get periods cos my usual dates are on 25th. Am I pregnant? Or will I get my periods on 1st april again?
If d watery bleeding for once Little bit on 12 nd my menses date is on 19 is dis periods or what or is dis conception I hv only one tube to conceive.
Hi. My wife is pregnant now. Her LMP was 24 November 2015. Below is the TIFFA scan report taken on 14th April 2016. Please let me know if everything is good or something to worry about: Single Live foetus: B 4.4 cms 19-20 weeks F 3 cms 19-20 weeks H 16.5 cms 19 weeks A 13.7 cms 19 weeks Gestational age: 19-20 weeks Amniotic fluid: Normal Foetal weight: 290gms FHR: 144 beats/min Placenta: Posterior upper and lower segment grade 1 maturity Int. Os closed. CX canal measures 3.0cm FOETAL: Neural canal and ICVS: normal lateral ventricle at atrium level measures 7.0mm 3-4mm chord plexus cyst are seen in both lateral vent Posterior fossa is normal. Cisterna magna measures 4mm Spinal canal normal Facial profile: Appears normal Thorax: Normal. Situs with stomach and heart on same side Four chamber in heart normal. Inflow and outflow tracts are normal. No echogenic foci. Lungs are normal and echogenic Stomach bubble: Is seen and normal. GB is normal. No dilated bowel loops Foetal kidneys and bladder: Renal fossae appear normal. Renal pelvis 2-3mm on both sides. Bladder is seen. Foetal limb survey: Normal Umbilical cord: normal three vessel cord is seen.
We are facing that only after a week of menses there is complete vaginal dryness during intercourse. My wife age is 40. Is there any remedy.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.