Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maithili KadamYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 year old girl. Am not getting menstrual periods from past 1 and half month what should I do. Please provide me suggestions.
Homeopathy believes that infertility is just a manifestation of a deep, underlying body symptom. So while conventional medicines try to treat infertility by just looking at the reproductive system, homoeopathy looks at the body as a whole. The doctor will try to understand the couple’s underlying problems and then come up with a cure. Male and female infertility is addressed separately and the most common remedies are listed below.
It is extremely important to note that self-medication is not advised, and each couple and individual would need proper assessment and treatment.
- Agnus Castus:
- This is used in males where infertility is associated with erectile dysfunction
- It helps improve sexual desire and physical ability to perform
- The patient would have cold, relaxed, flaccid genitals
- Impotency in these men is also associated with mental depression
- Though desire is present, the erections are generally weak and not
- These men also may have erectile dysfunction with weak and delayed erections.
- Emissions may be rapid and involuntary.
- Reduced sperm count
- Improves both quantity and quality of sperms
- Useful in males with orchitis
- The testicles are hard, swollen, and enlarged
- History of suppressed desire
- Sabal Serrulata
- Associated with wasting of testes
- Also useful where there is prostate enlargement or prostatitis
- Useful in women who have acidic vaginal discharge. This kills the sperms and could cause infertility.
- Borax is useful when the discharge is similar to egg white, copious, and warm. Altering the pH can improve successful conception
- Natrum Phos:
- Discharge is honey coloured, sour smelling, and irritating
- This discharge is also acidic, reducing sperm life
- Useful in women who have scanty periods that do not last long and never appear on the due date
- These women have a history of irregular menses since the onset of menarche
- Also useful in women who have polycystic ovarian disease
- Aletris farinose
- Early and copious menstruation in addition to white discharge
- Anaemia, weakness, fatigue, and tiredness
- Useful in women who have had recurrent abortions.
- These women present with menstrual cycles that are short, suppressed, and not regular in the flow.
- There is also a bearing down sensation where the patient feels the uterus is going to slide down
- It is also possible these women have reduced drive
- Natrum carb
- These women have difficulty retaining sperms
- The vaginal discharge could also be offensive and irritating
- Calcarea Carb:
- This is another remedy used when there is profuse bleeding during the menstrual cycles
- The periods also tend to appear before their due date and tend to last longer than usual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My mother is passing through kemo therapy her wbc is getting down can you suggest how to increase wbc by your regular food.
I am 20. Since 5 years my periods were regular. But from two months my cycle is disturbed. And this month I have no periods. My last date was 18 july. And today is 30 August. And I have no periods till now. I chckd my pregnancy. It was negative. I had ultrasound. My ovaries were normal My doctor gave my tab. Regestrone for 5 days. But I still didn't got periods? Why I'm not getting periods.
Boiling water is considered to be one of the best methods of removing impurities present and making it fit for consumption. We all believe in boiling water before consuming it in any form, whether it is for drinking or to make a cup of tea, soup or any other hot beverage. But have you ever thought about the leftover boiled water? What do you do with it? Do you just throw it away or can you re-boil it and use it for making tea or soups?
Experts are now warning about the dangers of re-boiling water. Here’s why you should try and avoid using re-boiled water. As with all liquids when you keep boiling it the liquid gets more concentrated. Therefore re-boiling the same amount of water can make it more concentrated or increase the amount of dissolved salts in it. The harmful effects of re-boiling water are listed below:
- Nitrates: Nitrate salts dissolved in water are usually not harmful but over boiling or re-boiling the same amount of water can cause the nitrates to become a toxin, nitrosamine which is known to cause diseases such as cancer, leukaemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Arsenic: Re-boiling water can increase the amount of dissolved arsenic in the water. Arsenic in small amounts in water is not harmful and in increased amounts can cause conditions such as cancer, infertility, heart attacks and mental disorder. Prolonged consumption of water with the high amount of arsenic can cause damage to the circulatory system and skin damage.
- Fluoride: The consumption of increased amounts of fluoride dissolved in water can increase your risk of bone disorders such as fractures, tenderness, and pain. In children below 8 years of age excess fluoride can cause damage to teeth and tooth enamel.
- Calcium: Calcium is good for our teeth and bones but re-boiling water increases the dissolved amount of calcium which can cause kidney stones and gall stones.
- Change in water chemistry: Boiling water will get rid or reduce the amount of dissolved gases and volatile compounds in it. This would not only affect the taste but could also increase the concentration of unwanted chemicals and impurities in the water.
Due to the above listed harmful effects of re-boiled water, it is recommended that re-boiled water should not be used to make formula for babies. Studies have also shown that using re-boiled water to make a cup of tea can affect its taste. This is because the amount of oxygen dissolved in the water reduces when you boil it. Filling your vessel or kettle with just the right amount of water as required will not only be beneficial for your health in the long run but would help in preventing and conserving this precious resource. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hiiii My wife is 31 months pregnant. I want to asked you that BC-26 Germany tablet is useful for normal delivery or not.
The medical term ‘spina bifida’ or spinal bifida refers to a congenital defect in the spine. In simpler terms, spina bifida is a defect in the neural tube. Based on the severity of this disease, spina bifida can be divided into three different types:
The symptoms of spina bifida vary depending on each of these three types. Let's take a closer look at its symptoms here:
Myelomeningocele is the most severe form of spina bifida. In this type of neural defect, spinal canal of the baby remains open in the middle or lower back along a few vertebrae. Due to this opening, a sac is formed at the back of the baby at birth, which exposes the baby to several life-threatening infections.
Some of the common symptoms of this type of spina bifida are:
- Presence of uneven hips
- Deformed feet
- Curved spine or scoliosis
- Bladder and bowel problems
- Muscle weakness
- Paralyzed leg muscles.
Physical deformities from moderate to severe levels are also very common in this type of spina bifida.
Meningocele is a ratherrare form of spinal bifida in which a sack of fluid stays in open at the back of the baby. Here the protective membranes that usually stay around the spinal cord push out through the vertebrae’s opening. Though this sack contains no part of the spinal cord, it may cause minor disabilities.
Some common symptoms of this kind of spina bifida are:
- Membranes forming a visible sack on the back at birth
- Presence of a small opening in the baby's back
The good news is that this sack can be removed through surgery without hampering the normal development of the spinal cord.
Spina bifida occulta is the mildest form of spina bifida, which, in majority of the cases, often stays hidden as its symptoms are rarely visible. As it doesn’t even cause any form of disabilities, it generally goes unnoticed. It doesn’t cause any damages to the nerves or the spinal cord.
Some common symptoms of occulta are:
- Presence of a gap between the vertebrae
- An area on the back formed with extra fat
- Acluster or small group of hair on the back
- A dimple or birthmark on the back.
In this kind of spina bifida, neither any sack of fluid is formed, nor are there any visible opening in the back. Sometimes, people who have spina bifida are not aware of it due to its minimal symptoms.
Spina bifida usually affects a child before birth, when the brain or the cord or the protective covering over them fails to develop completely. Knowing about the symptoms can be one of the best ways to identify and diagnose this disease and opt for proper treatment solutions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Sir, I did an unprotected sex with gf after 13 days of her last period. Her last period was on 29th may 2017. And we did the intercourse on 10th june. After that she took unwanted 72 on 11th. After taking it. She got a normal bleeding like regular period from 18th-20 june. But her regular period date is 29th june. Is there any chance of pregnancy? When will she get her period again? And what should I do now sir? please tell me soon sir.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of aloe vera include the following:
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: aloe vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: aloe vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe vera is the first fda approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called candida albicans and bacterium named streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: the latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: there was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.type diabetes