Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaimachenYour feedback matters!
I am 36 yrs old since two months there is excess hair loss, there is no dandruff I got my blood test for thyroid that is normal y'all my haemoglobin is less it is 7.5 what could be the reason.
Hi, I have delivered on Aug 4th 2016, after that my feet are becoming too dark in colour. Can you please suggest me the solution in turning my feet back to normal colour.
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My hairs are rough. I tried all shampoos bt I had not any effect at all. Could you give me the suggestions how to smooth them?
Also known as contact dermatitis or contact eczema, allergic eczema is a condition wherein one experience symptoms of skin rash on coming in contact with an allergen. Other symptoms include a burning sensation in the eyes, coughing and a runny nose.
This condition is caused when you come in contact with an allergen. Some common triggers that cause your immune system to react in this manner are:
Perfumes in cosmetics
Metals such as nickel found in jewelry
Latex based products
Chemicals present in soaps and other cleansing agents
Certain antibiotic creams and lotions
With allergic eczema, the most common symptoms include itching and pain around the affected area and tender skin. Inflammation and dry skin are some other common symptoms that one may experience. Pus-filled red bumps are common occurrences along with this disorder. The skin may start to thicken and turn scaly. The symptoms may show up when one is exposed to sunlight.
The treatment for this disorder begins after a thorough diagnosis of the symptoms. Based on how severe the symptoms are, the treatment is prescribed accordingly. The first step is usually to wash the affected area with warm water to wash away the allergens. In case of mild symptoms, you may not need any treatment. It is also advised to use apply moisturizing cream to maintain hydration of the skin. To reduce inflammation and itching, use of corticosteroid creams is recommended.
In case of severe symptoms, strong corticosteroid pills may be prescribed.
If the treatments are carried out properly, the symptoms tend to clear up within 15-20 days. However, it is important to remember that the condition may erupt again if you come in contact with the allergen once more. Thus identification of the allergen is very important for long-term treatment and preventive measures. By seeing an allergist contact dermatitis can be ruled out by doing an Allergy Patch Testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hair transplant surgery is the technique wherein hair is taken out from other parts of your body and grafted on the scalp to treat baldness. Basically, these are such hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding; therefore, they serve as a permanent treatment for hair loss. Experts believe that in most cases, hair transplant surgery is a lasting option.
How long does the transplant last?
If you are worried about the length of time for which your hair transplant will last, you can be assured that it may even last a lifetime. Only a few among the transplanted hair are lost with time but this loss is not very noticeable.
Reason why hair transplant surgery can be considered as a lasting option
Hair transplant surgery is naturally a lasting and safe treatment for hair loss, as the chances for your body to reject the intervention in the form of implanted hair is minimal. This is because the technique that is used involves taking your own hair out from the follicle roots, (mostly from areas like the neck or the back and sides of your head) where they are not needed so much and place them in specially designed holes in the bald areas. Since no external factors are involved, the body does not tend to reject the transplant.
Hair transplant surgery is anyway a lasting option but just as everything else, it may require a little care over time. Hair may still be lost from those parts of your head that have not been subject to the implantation, so those areas do require little efforts in order for you to maintain the overall results. Occasional touch-up sessions along with easy, non-surgical treatments such as laser therapy, rogaine, and Propecia would ensure a permanent and lasting solution to all your problems related to hair loss and baldness. Such supplementary treatment solidifies the hair follicles that have been transplanted and also decreases the chances of hair loss from hair follicles that were not treated during transplantation.
I am 21 years old. My skin type is oily. How can I get fairer skin within few weeks? I prefer home remedies.
My hair became thinner, to get thick hair like before what steps should be taken, I prefer not to take medicine If it's food or diet it will be good?
Rapid hair fall at the young age is my main concern. My friend suffering a lot due to this problem. Is there any solution?
My skin complexion z tan during summer, wat to do get fair n oil free skin please help. I am using sunscreen also. I also have some pimple marks on my face.
I am 27 years old & 9 months pregnant, do not know why from last 1 year I got deep dark marks on my face & huge dark circles, my all glow lost even my face going dark n dull, kindly help me asap.
Some diseases like chicken pox, measles etc. have definitive symptoms that make it easy to diagnose. However, others like lupus affect each person in a different way making them complex diseases that may take longer to diagnose. Lupus attacks the immune system and causes the antibodies that would normally fight infection to react against the body’s own cells and tissues. There are two main forms of lupus; systemic lupus that affects any part of the body and cutaneous lupus that affects the skin. These can occur simultaneously or on their own.
Some of the rashes that can be caused by cutaneous lupus are:
- Malar rash or butterfly rash: This affects the face and appears as a butterfly shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. It is triggered by the sun’s uv rays and can appear as a faint blush or a severe, scaly rash.
- Discoid lupus: Lupus can also cause small. Coin shaped sores or rashes. These are reddish and scaly in appearance and usually affect parts of the body exposed to sunlight and uv radiation. If left untreated, these sores can worsen with time. Though they do not cause pain or itchiness, they can result in scarring. In cases where these sores develop on the scalp, they can cause permanent bald patches.
- Subacute cutaneous lesions: These can be described as small, red sores that are shaped like coins. These can be found on the arms, shoulders, neck and chest in patches that resemble psoriasis. These lesions are also triggered by uv exposure. Though they do not cause scarring, these lesions can lighten or darken skin.
- Mucous membrane lesions: Sores in the mouth or nose that have been triggered by lupus are known as mucous membrane lesions.
- Baldness: Lupus can make the hair follicles near the scalp fragile and brittle. This can destroy the hair follicles and lead to hair fall. In some cases, hair may grow back while in others it could result in permanent baldness.
- Cutaneous vasculitis lesions: These refer to purplish spots or lines on the calves and feet. This is caused by the inflammation of skin tissues and can cause severe damage and gangrene.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: When exposed to cold, the skin on your fingers and toes may also change colour to red, white or blue due to lupus. This is triggered by the tightening of blood vessels and may be accompanied by a tingling sensation or numbness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.