Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaimachenYour feedback matters!
My face is hairy and I feel embarrass in front of everyone. Is there any medicine to remove hairs from my face. I don't want to go parlour. They use thread and wax Both of the process are painful.
•Mix together two tablespoons of chickpea flour, one tablespoon of milk cream, one and one-half teaspoon of milk, and three-quarter teaspoons of turmeric. Apply this thick paste on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes or until it dries. Scrub it off using a facial loofah pad or simply a soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water. Do this at least three or four times a week for about a month.
•Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of chickpea flour, one-half teaspoon of plain yogurt, and one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric. You can also add one-half teaspoon of rose water. Spread it on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before scrubbing it off.
•Another remedy involves mixing two tablespoons of chickpea flour, one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric and enough milk (about ½ teaspoon) to make a thick, smooth paste.
I got hair fall problem since 2 month. I have dry hair. I am using pantene shampoo and garniar hair dye. Please suggest remedy for hair fall ?
I m 19 years of age and I extremely feel irritated with my skin. There is a dark patch around my necks as well as arm pit that are very itchy on sweating and hot climates. Applying creams or soaps creates a inflammation on the part and makes it rough and dark. I consulted thrice but there are no results. I lose my confidence as its being difficult to go out and minkle with the surroundings.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.