Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mahmood HuseinYour feedback matters!
Hey dear. I am 24 years male and I have red eyes for 4 days and also hyper acidity. After any 2 days I have to take pantop dsr otherwise I start to bloating.
I am a 45 years male, diabetic for last 16 years. On novomix 30 insulin, 30iu x2 times a day. Since last one week I am getting a searing pain in my left eye ball. The eye becomes red. I have consulted eye specialist. There are no problems as per doctor But the pain comes back. Please advise. Partha Basu.
I am 18 years old girl, studying medical 2 phase, suffering from poor eye sight since 6 months please suggest me.
I want to know what is the max and min time best for the exposure of eyes to the artificial lights like TV and mobile. Also whether increase in screen brightness of mobile or laptop could strain the eyes of instead they help for the eyes.
My lever is fatty so what should to eat and wat not to eat. And wat things to keep precaution. Wat are the high risk wid it.
I am suffering from Asthma and lower back pain. I am working as an Accountant. So mostly seating in front of computer. I am also suffering from constipation and weak digestion. In past, I had kidney stone problem, which is clear now. Also there is problem of weak eyesight (3.75 and -1.50). I am 51 years old.
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
Conjunctivitis: This disease is commonly called pink eye. It involves swelling of the conjunctiva lines inside the eyelids which cover the sclera of the eyes as well.
- May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
- Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
- This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
Glaucoma: In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
- Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
- The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
- Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
Ocular Migraine: This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
- Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems.
- Also occurs from regular migraines.
- It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion: This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
- Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
- The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
Ophthalmoplegia: Paralysis of the eye muscles occurs. Can occur in more than one of the eye muscles.
- Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
- Caused from muscle disorders.
- Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes.
I have red eyes when I ride bike with open eyes and eye tear drop frequently. What can I do and what presumption I take?
My daughter (14 years) has been detected with eyesight need of 0.25. Should I get her spectacles or wait? Also pl recommend healthy food/supplements for better eyesight.
I have problem in ma eyes. If I m watching mobile or TV for half an hours continuously they start observing heat. What would I do.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.