Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ShahYour feedback matters!
I am diabetes and taking Gemer 1 tablet. In my recent test report total cholesterol, barium and lead are on higher side. Please let me know the cause and remedy. My age is 59 year. Thanks.
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to consult a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms.
I am 25 year old and suffering from chest ache very slowly sometimes not regularly it happens from last one year approximately.
I am having BP and Diabetic and I take the following medicines Metmofin 1 in the morning along with losakind H but of late I have ED problems plus I get cuts on the foreskin could you please tell if this happens because my sugar level goes up which at times is around ave 170 to 180 pl suggest as to what I should do? I am also taking some herbal drugs like himalayas karela lasun gokushara and some unicare drugs for ED.
I have chest pain some time when I use stair case it s pain it was not radiate to another side some time suddenly I feel panic and my heart beat speedily for 1 or 2 sec my ecg report was normal lipid profile was normal thyroid report is also normal is that due to angina pain? I don't understand what I have to do please help me doctor.
My father had a heart attack when he was pretty young. Should I be worried about having one. Haven't exercised in years, but I need to get in better shape?
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
I have some small rounded things inside of my hand. Some of my friends said that those are blood clots arised due to cholestrol in my body. How can I prevent those things?
My mother has diabetes and blood pressure problem also. She is continuously suffering from fever now a days in evening. But the fever gets off within 1 to 2 hours. She has swelling in the legs too. She is a school teacher too so she has to work whole day therefore she gets a little time to take rest. So please suggest me some valuable suggestions for her. Thanks.
Patient with acute myocardial infarction have longer duration chest pain than those without myocardial infaction.Patient with chest pain of short duration ,lessthan 5 minutes,are unlikly to have myocardial infarction and have good prognosis at 30 days.If the clinical impression and ECG are benign then patient can be discharged from emergency department itself.