Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I have a pain through out my vein which starts from my inside shoulder and reaches palm. When I stretch I can feel the pain like burning sensation through out that line(only right hand) And I even have pain through out my thumb finger. Not sure whether its related to that. Why I am having that pain? What should I do? Please advise me.
My mother aged 52 and have spondlitis. Recently started complaining reeling sense when she lie down for a while and gets up. No Sugar or BP. CT scan shows no signs.She fell down from top of the escalator at 43 yrs of age and now complains she has pain at waist backside bone. Any suggestions for these two problems?
I am 29 yrs old. For the last 6 months after 4 hrs of bus journey, I am getting knee pain. Can you please help me why am getting pain and what I need to do for this.
Near about 7-8 months back I slipped on wet stairs and I had swelling and black spots (neel) on my hip. Its been quite a lot of time and the pain, the spots every thing is gone but the swelling, the buldge is still there. What should I do to remove it?
Permanent curing needed for calcaneus spur in both heals. Don't want operation. For information I've stone in kidney due to overdose of Calcium & vitamin D (cal 350 D). Recently, I've taken Kaleat KD (multi vitamins) for one Month. I'm having a glass of milk everyday in morning. I'm advised that drenching in Apple cider Vinegar for few hours for 15 days helps dissolving the SPUR. Is it really helpful?
Y young people have back pain. Nd also weakness every day nd they have stress please give me a best advice to do hard work.
Hi, I am a 22 year old male, I have been having some pain in my left leg (behind the knee and around the ankle) since the past 9 months, I walk and run a lot, even then the pain has not reduced. What might this be? Can it be cancer?
I am having nee joint pain since last 15 -20 days. I don't know whether it is because of JIM (which I started last 3 months) or due to calcium. Please suggest,
My mother is 58 years old, she has diabetics and bp. Night time she had severe and unbearable pain in her legs what is the treatment for this problem.
I am 60 years old. I want to increase my strength and stamina. I am a regular gym goer. I have a pain in my left knee and I feel that is due to a nerve. Please suggest.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Breaking a bone no matter how small is painful. This pain is caused both by the actual break in the bone and the damage to surrounding muscles, ligaments, nerves and other soft tissue. There are three stages of pain caused by a fracture:
- Acute Pain: Pain that occurs immediately after a bone is fractured
- Sub-Acute Pain: Pain experienced while the one and soft tissues heal
- Chronic Pain: Pain experienced after the fracture has healed
Any kind of fracture can cause these types of pain. However, it is not essential for everyone who has had a fracture to experience all the three kinds of pain. Many people experience pain only when the fracture occurs but in few cases, a person may break a bone and not realize it. Each type of pain needs to be dealt with in a different way.
- Acute Pain: Acute pain reduces as the fracture heals. For this, the fractured bone must be reset in place and held together with a splint, brace or cast so as to immobilize it. In some cases, surgery may also be needed. Over the counter pain medication is often prescribed to help deal with this type of pain. The patient is also advised to rest the broken bone and avoid certain types of movement that could worsen the break. A broken bone takes a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to heal. However, in cases of other conditions such as osteoporosis, this time period could be much longer.
- Sub-Acute Pain: As the injury heals, the sub-acute pain experienced reduces. Immobilizing a broken bone to help it heal causes the muscles and soft tissues around it to stiffen and weaken thus triggering this type of pain. Physical therapy can be very helpful in dealing with this type of pain. Along with strengthening the muscles and reducing stiffness, physical therapy also helps reduce inflammation and scar tissue. Physical therapy can be provided in many ways including exercises, electrical stimulation, ultrasounds, massage etc. It is important to remember that at this stage of treatment, the more the affected limb is used, the faster it will heal. However, it is advisable to avoid putting too much pressure on the bone.
- Chronic Pain: Some people may experience pain for several months and even years after a fracture has healed. This is usually caused by nerve damage or the development of scar tissue. Underlying conditions such as arthritis could also trigger this type of pain. Management of chronic pain varies from individual to individual. Treatment usually takes the form of medication, exercises and physical therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!