Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh K ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old facing obesity with abnormal heart beat Wight 65 height 5.2, some remedies which cures mine amenities of blood and weight.
What should diet for my mother. She is above 62 and feels weakness in her body. She also has high blood pressure.
I am 28 year old male. When I cheak my blood presure. It is more than normal. It is 140-100 what was it reason?
I'm having 155/80 BP n I want to control it within a week. So how can I control it to normal pls suggest it's because if I don't control I may loose my job. Pls help.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby, increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- As you age it increases
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels.
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.
I feel difficulty in falling asleep. When I try to sleep I suddenly woke up with fear. My heart also palpitate in the afternoon when I try to sleep. Is it depression or anxiety disorder? Is it curable?
My total Cholesterol is 111 LDL is 55 HDL is 28 Triglycerides is 154 TC / HDL is 4 LDL/HDL is 2 VLDL Cholesterol 30.8 Non HDL cholesterol 82.9 What should I do as I am diabetic and taking two medicine Of diabetic and cholesterol one each. Earlier my Cholesterol and Tryiglisrides were on high range. 1 Obimet GX forte 2 mg 2. Rosave F 10.
I am a 40 years old male had stent in one main artery 2 years back having some medicines as prolomet xl25, unistar75x10 mg, rosuvastin 10 mg. Wants to know how long these medicines I have to take, my lipid profile is ldl 62, hdl 35, triglycerides 85, total cholesterol 112.
Hello. Sir/mam. Can you tell me about side effect of fonda flo injection (anticoagulant) for artery blockage of heart.
Sir I face problem of high blood pressure 160 110 before 2 month it's 140 and 90 but both time m going to stress life threading my age 25 and weight 57 kg.
Respected sir / madam. I am 30 year old male &i have lower backache for last (1 year), when I am in rest, then after I stand up I feel very hard pain in my back bone. Sometime I feel verybounded on my chest. Sir please what can I do? help me.
I am getting heartburn or something burning in my chest when I have spicy food even little spicy also. What is the reason for that. Please suggest some solution.
She is suffering from diabetes and blood pressure also suffering from heart disease. Please suggest.
Heart disease or coronary artery blockade is a chronic disease, not always sudden!
Heart may warn you by giving theses signs. Read carefully.
1. Little bit of chest heaviness since few days
2. Mild pain on the left chest with or without left hand/shoulder pain.
3. Shortness of breath while walking fast or climbing stairs
4. Shortness of breath especially on night time with pain.
5. Sometimes severe pain on centre of chest, getting relieved automatically.
So go for a health check as soon as possible if you have such symptoms and can avoid heart attack.