Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have Diabetes Type 2. I've been using Sugamet or Glycomet earlier but from last month I switched to to herbal medicine but it doesn't work. My random blood sugar checked an hour ago was 213. Hence please advice me which medicine should I use and its dosage. ThanksBharat Bhushan Wadhwa.
Are there any natural and permanent cure for ED for a person in early 50s. Will such cure have side effects which are more dangerous than ED itself.
My son is 5 years old , he is facing ADHD problem, and doctor prescribed a medication Axepta 10 mg , is it safe to use the medicine at this age, is there any particular diet for this problem, or is there any alternative medication . Please guide me.
What are the symptoms of dengue and what are the food items we need to eat and not to eat if it is confirmed as dengue.
Dear doctor I masturbate daily with at least 2-3 in a day there is a little pain in my testicle, then there is groin pain, complete back pain cannot sit without support, indirectly my whole body is aching. I want to stop this act but I am unable to control it. please provide any suggestion for pain n to stop masturbation. Thank you in anticipation.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.