Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh AnandparaYour feedback matters!
Redness, itching, rashes or burning of skin is an indication of a fungal infection. Caused by different types of fungi, including yeasts, fungal infections can affect any part of the body and people of any age. The most common sites, however, are the feet, head, nails and groin. Homeopathy provides a complete and holistic cure for fungal infections, striking at the root of the problem. The remedies are sourced from natural substances, so there is zero possibility of side-effects in homeopathic treatment.
Fungal infection of the foot is known as ‘athlete’s foot’. It usually results in redness, itching and burning, especially between the toes and the sides of the foot. The fungus usually grows in a warm and moist environment such as shoes, socks and swimming pools. Fungal infection affecting the groin, thighs and genitals is known as ‘jock itch’. The fungus thrives in moist areas of the body. ‘jock itch’ mostly occurs in summer or in warm, wet climates. The symptoms are a red, itchy rash, ring-shaped, with cracked skin.
Another common fungal infection, known in medical terminology as ‘onchomycosis’, affects the nails of the hand and the feet. The fungal infection starts at the edge of the nails and leads to discoloration of nails. The nails of the feet and hands get crippled and the pain can be severe.
Fungal infection of the scalp results in patches appearing on the scalp. It is more common among children. Scaly, round and itchy patches appear on the scalp.
‘Candidiasis’ or ‘Thrush’ is another common fungal infection. It mostly affects the mouth, skin and the vagina. Thrush infection appears as small white patches, which turn red on rubbing. There is intense itching and a white discharge in vaginal thrush.
Fungal infection of the body or the skin causes red, ring-shaped rashes on arms, legs or the face. Most of these fungal infections are contagious and spread by coming in contact with the infected person.
Homeopathic treatment for fungal infections:
Homeopathy offers a very beneficial and effective mode of treatment that boosts the body’s healing processes to fight and eradicate fungal infection. Unlike conventional treatment, the natural homeopathic remedies do not suppress fungal infection; these rather work to root out the underlying cause of fungal infections. The homeopathic treatment, thus, provides a permanent cure by uprooting the cause of the infection.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection:
The best natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection are thuja, sepia and graphites. Thuja is of great help in treating fungal infection on dry and very sensitive skin. Sepia is the best homeopathic remedy for fungal infection appearing every spring season. Graphites is a very beneficial homeopathic medicine for treating recurrent episodes of fungal infection, especially ‘jock itch’.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on feet (athlete’s foot)
The top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on the feet (athlete’s foot) are petroleum and silicea.
Best homeopathic remedies for fungal infection in nails
The top natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection in the nails (tinea unguium) are antimonium crudum and graphites. Antimonium crudum is the best homeopathic remedy for discolored nails, growing out of shape. The skin beneath the nails is painfully sensitive. Graphites is a very beneficial homeopathic medicine when fungal infection results in nails getting thick and crippled, with severe pain and soreness.
Top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection of scalp
The best natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection of the scalp (tinea capitis) are thuja and kali sulphuricum.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection in mouth and genitals
The top natural homeopathic remedies for fungal infection caused by candida yeast (candidiasis or thrush) are borax and helonias. Borax is of great help for treatment of white lesions or patches of fungus in the mouth. Thrush with intense itching on the genitals is best treated with homeopathic medicine helonias. The genital parts get red, hot and swollen with itching, and helonias is the top natural remedy.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on skin
The top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on the skin (tinea corporis) are thuja, tellurinum and sepia.
Do not do self medication because every patient is different.
Consult the doctor for right selection of the medicine
I have black spot on my face how I can remove it pls help me giving me some suggestions pls Doctor How I have to loosen my ham string.
Which cream or tablet or powder or homeopathic medicine should I use to get rid of dark armpits. I tried lemon. But it did not work.
On my face from last 7-8 month, on both of side of the cheeks, black spot started appearing, it looks like burn, black pigmentation patch kind of. Also my fave color has become very uneven and tan and on my shoulders and muscles there are numerous black dots spots which do not go, this problem is from last 5-6 years when I was slim, there are black spots as well acnes also want to know any solution for both these problems.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking: Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
c. Brussels sprouts
e. Romaine lettuce, etc.
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals:Detoxifying isn’t just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.