Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Maheboob BasadeYour feedback matters!
Can a 70 years old lady survive having third stage colon cancer. Weight 30kg. Very weak not able to eat and drink anything.
Male 56 years old, taking olmezest 20H+nebicard50, EchosprinAV75 for BP & palpitation & Flotral for enlarged prostate have been suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Urge to urine can't hold also wake up in middle of for pee. All test are negative uti, prostate etc. Please suggest me what to do to get rid of this and have proper sleep in night. ?
Hi An having enlarged prostate snd am taking Urimax F kindly suggest is it curable and wot best medicines should I add to it Rgds.
I am 62 Years old. During health check up and through scan Doctor found out that I have prostrate enlargement. I am taking typlin C.
My age is 18 now. I'm a male. My breast goes a little bit increasing tell ways to stop increasing breast.
I am a 32 year old lady. I have a concern of having a very small breast size and also of having a very dry skin. What is the natural remedy for my breast enhancement and getting a soft and shiny skin?
Im 32 years old n I have been suffering from gastritis since childhood with severe cramps. Im using homeopathic and my symptoms are less but since last november Im experiencing mild dysphagya. Im worried because my dad has been diagnosed with eosophgeal cancer. What should I do?
What are the symptoms of blood cancer and prevention of this. Treatment of blood cancer. How many hospitals in india treat this.
Dear sir, Recently is caught Cancer into uterus, may it be survived permanently by surgery? If so pls confirm us right way. Regards S. K. Biswas.
Does drinking coffee causes cancer? I drink a lot of coffee and tea. I just want to know whether this causes any health problems or cancer.
I just give birth to a baby girl on 11/07/2016. Now I am facing a problem that I got my nipples injured and got blood and it pains a lot while my baby feed and what ever cloths I wear get stick with my nipple and hurt a lot when I remove it and I also suffering from gath (hindi word) on breast.
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina