Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Maheboob BasadeYour feedback matters!
Q) to ONCOLOGIST-- 74 years old male with a case of Adenocarcinoma of oesophagus and we have given three chemotherapy cycle and his Upper GISCOPY shows decrease in the lesion and even PET scan shows complete resolution of all the nodes. But the values of tumor markers -- 1) NSE - previous - 20.14 and after chemo - 28.5 2) beta2 microglobulin - previous -2713 and after chemo - 2753 I want to know the reason for increase in the values of tumour marker after chemotherapy.
Eating tobacco 3 to 4 time in a day can cause cancer tobacco leave and churna I am eating from past 15 years and my mouth is clean no damage should I continue or stop now I am 36 years old give me advice.
Bone cancer is a cancerous tumour in the bone, destroying the normal bone tissues. Tumours on bone tissues are not always cancerous or malignant, they are mostly benign. Primary bone cancer is when the malignant tumour begins to form in the tissues of the bones, but when these cancerous cells spread to other body parts like breasts, prostate or lungs, it is called metastatic cancer. Primary bone cancer is less common than metastatic cancer.
Bone cancer can be of three different types:
Osteosarcoma: In this case, the malignant tumour arises from the osteoid bone tissue. This occurs mainly in the upper arm and knee areas.
Chondrosarcoma: In this case the cancerous cells form in the cartilaginous tissues, causing a lot of pain. This occurs mostly in the pelvic area.
The Ewing sarcoma generally arises in the bone but it can also form in the soft tissues. Other kinds of soft tissues affecting cancerous cells are known as soft tissue sarcomas.
There aren’t many clear defined causes; however, several factors have been identified by researchers.
Osteosarcoma is seen to occur more frequently in people who have been through a high external radiation therapy dose.
In people who have frequently been treated with anticancer medications, children tend to be most affected.
Heredity may be an adding cause, although the percentage of hereditary transfer of cancer cells is very low.
People with hereditary bone defects or implants have a higher chance of acquiring bone cancer.
The most common and saddening symptom of bone cancer is painful, although not all bone cancers cause pain. Unusual or persistent swelling or pain around a bone maybe a red flag for bone cancer. In case of a situation like this, immediate doctor’s opinion is required.
Usually, diagnosis of a bone cancer can be made using X-rays; for example, a bone scan, a computed tomography scan, a magnetic imaging procedure—positron emission tomography, and an angiogram. Biopsy and blood tests are also helpful in bone cancer diagnosis.
The size, location and stage of cancer, age, and health of the person decide the kind of treatment that should be given to the patient. Various treatment options include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cryosurgery.
The combined survival rate of all sorts of bone cancers is 70%. This percentage may vary with the type of bone cancer and also its stage.
I want to know that blood cancer treatment/medicine is found or not? because nowadays in social networking sites a message is forwarding that in pune" blood cancer" medicine found.
Hi. From last few days I am experiencing some small tumours or masses in my mouth. Which is not paining or increasing. What may be this due to?
Male 56 years old, taking olmezest 20H+nebicard50, EchosprinAV75 for BP & palpitation & Flotral for enlarged prostate have been suffering from erectile dysfunction.
My mother has ovarian cancer sharing CA125 result,- 1. Before 1st chemo. 19 2. Before 3rd chemo. 3.5 3. Before 4th chemo. 2.5 4. Before 5th chemo. 10.9 why it is increased? what to do?
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
Cancers which starts from somewhere else and end up in the liver are not primary liver cancers. Liver cancer also known as hepatic cancer starts in the liver and not from another organ. Primary liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma) tends to occur in livers damaged by birth defects alcohol abuse or chronic infection with diseases such as hepatitis b and c hemochromatosis (a hereditary disease associated with too much iron in the liver) and cirrhosis
Does olive oil prevent heart disease? Short answer: Yes The health benefits of olive oil come from the presence of polyphenol, antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers. But to get these healthy compounds, consumers should buy good-quality, fresh" extra-virgin" olive oil, which has the highest polyphenol content. Most commercially available olive oils have low levels of polyphenol associated with poor harvesting methods, improper storage, and heavy processing.
My uncle suffering from rectum cancer named melanmo & his rectum was change & he already completed 6 cemo therapy in previous year at present he had a problem he have some vomiting problem and liver problem. What's medicine for him please suggest me.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.