Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
My mother is 72 years old height 5'4" and weighs 78 kgs. She has pain in the core of her hip for the past one month continuously though she is walking around. And sometimes she gets pain in the middle back also. Please suggest some remedy and general precautions. Thanks.
In a free diagnosis camp, I got to know that I have osteoporosis (T score -3.5). Post this I got my full checkup done, all other tests are good except (Vit D 11.98) & B12 88) which are towards insufficiency end. Though my lifestyle was sedentary but I have picked up running in last 5 years and have run quite a few half marathons. I have left all this as I have developed foot pain and weight again increased post quitting running. After a gap of a year, I have again started workouts and I run 2 km 3-4 times a week and do 30 min walks daily, followed by workout. I do these exercises in park so get some sun exposure as well. I am 39 year old (Wt 85 kgs), my legs pains whenever I run fast now. Pls advise what should be done so that I can continue running long.
Hello doctor. my knee stiffness problem is still there after 7 months. And even with 5 hours of exercise this. Stiffness still exist. Sir can you please suggest me some ways to quickly sort this problem.
There is pain 24 hours in left knee. It flows from knee to upper part till hip. What would be the reason and possible treatment.
I have back pain from the last few months. I have desk job and I increase my weight. I took medicine but there is no relief in pain. I pain hard. Please help me.
I am 19 I have basic meal all three time but I am doing work out my knees joint badly ,give some suggestions.
My self gaurav Baheti and I have pain in my backbone very much so please give me your treatment advice as soon as possible.
My mother is suffering from cervical slip disc. She is having sever pain in arm and back of the right hand side. So please suggest the remedy. '
My wife is experiencing deep pain in both her calves since the last 2 days. She does not seem to think the pain is muscular. She is 35 years old and weighs 52 kg's.
Hi, I go through a lot of upper back pain. I used to walk like I had hunch. I have been gyming and fixed my shoulders alot but still mu upper back pains alot when I am in the same straight posture for long. I feel relaxed after bending it back.
Hi, I am 30 years woman with 3 children. I have suffering backpain many times. Kindly advise me tips for better living. M.Rawat.
I am 32 years old guy. Regular with workout and gym. When I get up in the morning I feel little pain at my lower back which goes away after 10 min. I do not know what is the reason behind it.
Respected Doctors, I am seeking for a great support from all of you. My husband age about 31 yrs, Height 5.6 inches, Weight 86 kgs, he consumes alcohol every day around 360 ml and meet (Chicken, beef and other oily junk foods like bhaji, Gobi Manchurians etc.) as well. Tried advising him by me and family members and taken him to de-addiction center still he is very determined not to stop. And tried giving him de-addiction powder of 3 tins without knowing still no development in his habits. Some more health issues he is facing details given below: # He is having BP – 140/105 pulse & cholesterol around 400, no sugar. # His legs are getting swollen by evening (His working style is sitting on chair at one place around 8 hrs), Lots of leg, neck, back pain is too much every day massage is required to legs at least to sleep. # His tummy also very big like a pot. Face and other body parts are also looks bulky even though he wont do any exercise and sit’s at one place after reaching home immediately starts drinking and sitting in one place he wont move little as well. There will no movement at all to the body. # he will not like to go to hospitals as well if we try to ask him, then we are unable to face his scoldings and not able to take as well to hospital. My request is to advise any medicine which will stop carving to consume alcohol, since he is very determined not to stop so that I can mix in his food consumption or any other source. Due to his addiction family happiness is drained out and relations between family members are also slowly vanishing. Request you to kindly advice the best solution I will be very thankful to you.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.