Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Madhav ShahaneYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sciatica for the last 6 months. Tried back exercises and muscle relaxants. The condition is due to L4/L5 disc herniation. Kindly advice.
I am 44 years old suffering from back pain from last 6 years I used so many tablets but pain is not getting relief.
My daughter is 28 years old and is married. She complains of severe headache arising from neck. On massaging an ointment on the neck, some knots are felt at the end of occipital region. What could be the reason? She had once fallen from fast running skates resulting in lower back pain. Please suggest the remedy if any.
I'm 19 years old I'm suffering from back bone pain since 3 months. I'm also suffering from butex pain if sit for more than 1 hour my beats are heating and getting pain.
I'm suffering from back bone pain. When I have sit near about one hour. After that my back bone so paining. Suggest good answer.
I am a 23 year old male and have back pain problem due to dive during playing cricket. It happen before one month ago what should I do for this problem solution.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mother is 55 years and she long time suffer joint pain ( finger, knees, shoulder). Bp is normal but some time high.
I am 22 years old. I have back pain problem even though I don't travel in 2 wheeler much, Pls some one help me.
I'm pain in back aur inguinal area this pain increases during winters this mrng I woke up with sharp in back and Inguinal area I have through ultrasound physiotherapy and taken medications but everything was normal but besides that I'm having pain in inguinal area this pain increases when I'm about to have my periods my left knee also pains very badly sometimes this pain shifts to left side also please help me.
I have severe bach ache from past 1 month. It suddenly increase when I standup after a long sitting. What should I do?
My Father has encountered an intense pain in his back while he was doing some work in a bent down position. What could be the remedy?
Since 3 or 4 years.. I have pain on my back near scapula.. Its just remain when I sit or with the support of wall. Once it was so serious that I can not breath..
Spondylitis, or cervical spondylitis, is a common condition that affects a large section of the adult population. This most common disorder of the cervical spine is a degenerative condition. There are soft disks between the vertebral bones which shrink with age and gets stiff. This leads to formation of small bone spurs. This reduces the space available for the disk to move, causing nerve pinching.
Causes: Ageing is the most common cause for spondylitis. Injury, incorrect sleeping posture, and heavy weight-lifting can also cause spondylitis. While earlier it was common in people who were 60-plus, with more people spending more time at their computers and workstations, the onset happens much earlier in 30s and sometimes even in 20s.
Symptoms: Most symptoms related to spondylitis are centered on the neck and shoulder regions. There is pain and stiffness in the neck that can extend to the shoulders, nape of the neck, arms, and sometimes even the fingers. In rare cases, the pain can extend into the forehead and back of the head too. Associated symptoms include numbness, weakness, and a pricking sensation in the hands, arms, and sometimes fingers.
Homeopathy in cervical spondylitis:
Homeopathy treats the root of the issue after taking into account all symptoms. Listed below are some common homeopathic remedies for spondylitis.
- Conium: There is neck pain along with vertigo when lying down or turning in bed. There is constant mild pain in the back of the head and a tight sensation in the forehead region.
- Rhus Tox: When the neck pain is worse in the morning and with rest, Rhus is a good option. Moving the neck helps relieve this pain, which is often as a result of some injury.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When there is pain extending from the neck to the arm and hand and fingers, Kalmia works wonders. There may also be pain from the nape of the neck to the shoulder blades. The pain is increased with leaning forwards or looking down. The patient may also have nausea with the pain.
- Gelsemium: When there is pain extending from the neck to the back of the head, centering in the occipital region. The patient also feels weak, dull, and dizzy. The pain is triggered by emotional excitement.
- Silicea: When there is pain extending from the neck to the eyes and forehead, Silicea provides good relief. The patient will have intolerance to cold and feels chilly. The pain is improved by heat pads and lying down.
- Calcarea Phos: If the radiographs show bony changes in the cervical spine with the spondylitis, this is very useful. The bony spurs that form can be painful and cause nerve pinching leading to vertigo.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.