Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.s.chaina
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.s.chainaYour feedback matters!
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately.
In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
They are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation.
Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the fertile-most period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days.
Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
In vitro fertilization (IVF)
This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
Hi, I had sex last night with sexworker and found my condom is broken. I am worried if any infection her. Please let me know what should I do?
I am 16 weeks pregnant, having bronchial asthma. Does it will pass on to my baby, or will it create problems in my pregnancy.
If a women done sex 2 days after her period can she will be pregnant? What is the chances of getting pregnant and what is the right time to have a sex for making a women pregnant?
I am 28 years old. I got married 2 months before and planning to hav child in Oct. We want a boy baby first. So please giv us some suggestions.
We have done first abortion on October 30 and after that heavy period started and ends 10 November. After that 28 Nov we had sex with protection and December 12 she got normal periods. But after that she didn't got period till now. Is she pregnant or due to medicine this occurs?
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult an IVF Specialist.