Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Kahrgi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M KahrgiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I am missed my periods 2 month I am pregnant is doubt .but not for this baby in family situation so kindly request verify consult me please.
Some of the home remedies for ehrlichiosis include the use of ginger, licorice, and other anti-bacterial products and foods. However, studies consistently argue that medical attention is by far the best solution for curing ehrlichiosis, so be sure to contact a medical professional if you think you are suffering from ehrlichiosis. From there, the home remedies can be used in conjunction with formal treatment, if advised.
Ehrlichiosis is a bacterial infection that is transmitted by the bite of a tick. This condition primarily affects dogs, because they are frequently in wooded areas and brush against reeds and plants where ticks commonly live. However, it can also be transmitted to humans. The intracellular bacteria that infects the body attack white blood cells, which significantly weakens the immune system. If you find a tick on your body, it is best to carefully remove it with tweezers, trying not to squash it, since the bacteria in its body can get onto your skin. Also, make sure that the mouth parts are removed from your skin as well.
Symptoms of ehrlichiosis
The symptoms of ehrlichiosis include fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, high fever, and severe joint and muscle pain. This is common for autoimmune diseases that destroy your white blood cells, because your body tries to show you that it is ill in as many ways as possible at the same time. The immune disruption is the direct cause behind the majority of the symptoms.
The symptoms usually appear 1-2 weeks after the initial bite occurs, which is why it can be difficult to identify, because the tick might have dropped off or died by the time you start seeing symptoms. A rash can sometimes appear faster than other symptoms, but every case seems to be different.
If you are diagnosed with ehrlichiosis, then the best course of action is to consult a medical professional and begin treatment with doxycycline and minocycline, which are used in the vast majority of cases. For people allergic to that class of drugs, there are other pharmaceutical options that can quickly clear up the symptoms. Certain cases are chronic, and this presents a long-term problem for those sufferers, since their immune system being compromised can be ideal for opportunistic infections, like candidiasis. Herbal and natural remedies should be used in conjunction with allopathic remedies, not in place of them.
Home remedies of ehrlichiosis
Ginger and licorice: These two foods have been peripherally connected with ehrlichiosis because they can help to boost the immune system and increase the count of white blood cells in your body. While this is not a cure for the bacterial infection, it can certainly make the symptoms less serious. When taken in conjunction with doxycycline, this can speed up the healing process and get you back on your feet quicker. Licorice and ginger tea is probably the easiest method of adding these to your diet, but there are other dietary applications of those foods, as well.
Tick awareness: Since doxycycline is the primary remedy for this condition, there isn’t much more to say about treatment. However, prevention is also very important. If a tick is found and removed within 36 hours, then there is a drastically diminished chance of contracting ehrlichiosis. After leaving a “tick area”, be sure to thoroughly check your clothes and skin. Also, do a second check at the end of the day, in case the ticks were transferred in your hair or some other object you had with you. If you find a tick, gently squeeze the mouth parts of the tick with tweezers and gently pull it off you skin, being careful not to jerk or tear the mouth parts out. From there, you can either kill the tick in an alcohol solution or save it for a doctor in case you begin to develop symptoms from the bite.
A final word of warning: While this condition is usually not life-threatening, if left untreated, the infection can become quite serious and can then develop into a chronic case of ehrlichiosis, which can be very difficult to eliminate. Therefore, be aware and vigilant of your personal space and how your body feels, particularly after spending time in wooded or “tick-friendly” areas. Many people try to avoid allopathic remedies in lieu of an herbal remedy, but when it comes to a specific bacterial infection like this, taking doxycycline is the fastest, easiest, and safest solution.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.