Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hello im madhavi, im 29 years old. It has been 6years got married. I had a miscarriage last years 2015 march. My periods are regular my last period feb 12/16 and I missed my period in march it has been 18 days now, pregnancy test is negative, my Dr. advice me to take modus twice a day, asked me to wait for 5 days. Im I pregnant or not. Should wait for few more days. Im confused. please help me.
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- Soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- Passage large blood clots during menstruation
- Your period lasts more than seven days
- You become anemic due to excessive blood loss
- Women can be asked to complete a pictorial representation to assess the volume of blood loss.
- FBC is important. Every woman presenting with heavy menstrual bleeding should have FBC taken. The most common cause of iron-deficiency anaemia in women is menorrhagia.
- Tests for endocrine abnormalities, including TFTs should be performed only if there is clinical suspicion.
- Assessment of bleeding disorders is only indicated if there is clinical suspicion.
- Consider ultrasound scan in women who have symptoms or signs suggestive of underlying pathology.
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
Homeopathic medicine is the type of medicine in which natural herbs and their extracts are used for treating various health conditions in a person. This type of medication is highly effective for many ailments that can affect an individual's health without causing any side effects. But remember that, doctors who prescribe these medicines generally offer a series of precautions that the patients have to follow so that the medicines can be fully effective.
Precautions for Homeopathy
Once you consult a homeopathic doctor, make sure that you follow the regime and rules that he/she sets for you. These precautions may be related to food, time and frequency of medicine intake, dosage or things you should avoid while undergoing the treatment. Here is a detailed look at what you might need to pay attention to:
- The regime that has been provided for the medicine needs to be followed and you must ensure that the medicines are taken properly.
- People generally tend to take overdose of the prescribed medicine thinking that it would increase the potency of the ingredients and thus treat them faster. This notion has to be definitely avoided, since the medicine prescribed needs to be taken as per the dosage recommended. An overdose can lead to side effect.
- If the doctor mentions that you must report back after consuming the medicine for 10 to 15 days, you should definitely visit the doctor on the particular day and not later. You must never keep continuing the medicine after the prescribed time period.
- In case of morning dosage that are prescribed to be taken right after you wake up, rinse the mouth with plain water and never brush your teeth or use a mouthwash. This will hinder the medicine's action.
- Medicines should be taken at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to or after a meal.
- Most of the doctors advise patients to abstain from coffee and garlic when they are on homeopathic medicines.
- Medicines tend to have better effect if they are allowed to remain on the tongue for a long time. This is the reason why doctors tell their patients to not chew the medicines.
- Never touch the medicine with bare hands.
- In case you have missed a dosage, say for the night, do not compensate by taking it the next day morning and rather take the medicine at the prescribed time.
- The sweet globules of homeopathic medicines make children to have them extra. Thus the bottle must never be handed over to children. Parents should administer the dosage themselves.
- Homoeopathic medicines should not be taken soon after smoking or drinking, if possible it should be avoided.
- Mother tinctures and liquid doses should be added in water in glass or porcelain cup, not in any metallic vessel. There is no need to keep the medicines in refrigerator.
I have sever headache after periods (M. C.) and bleeding doesn't stop even after 2 weeks aftr periods. Headache does not go away with any tablet. During day time its very painful but during night it becomes a little low. please tell me what to do.
I am a pregnant and it's my 7 th month of pregnancy, my doctor told me that your baby is in less weight (880 grams) my due date is June 6 th Please suggest me what care I have to take for my baby weight? What are the reasons for less baby weight? What type of food I have to take?
I had miss a period for more than 20 days. I made a urine pregnancy test and found negative. This is not a first time I miss a period. I keep missing it but not this much. What will be the reason and what should I do or which medicine should I take. Please suggest.
Hello doctor Doctor my problem is since yesterday night I have got a terrible pain in upar part of vagina its feel like stretch in my vein . An white discharge problem also.
I am 31 weeks pregnant What should be done to avoid pre mature delivery as my baby is in head down position.
I had unprotected sex on 23th n took unwanted 72 that day itself. Today there is very little brownish spotting n my stomach is paining what is it. Pls help.
Since the time my period has finished I have got a weird itch down there. Also sometimes it burns when I pass urine. I am using v wash. But it isn't really helping. What should I do?
I have 2 babies. One of 4.5years old & second is 1 year 4 months old by cesarian. Earlier I had 3 miscarriages. I usually have a pain in my stomach, when I do some heavy household and there also starts white discharge from my vagina. But if I use belt then there is no such problem. I want to lose my weight especially of stomach and hips. What should I do. I got tensed very soon also. Please guide me.
Sir I am 19 years of boy, yesterday I had sex with a prostitute, I used protection (condom) but later I came to know that condom was busted /cut. After that I was tensed, and later I was feeling like fever, stomach ache, bit headache, bit cough. Sir what shall I do now. I am afraid so much
The question arises here is, what type of yoga should be practiced? Fertility yoga is becoming very popular due to its long-term benefits. Fertility yoga helps to nurture, support and strengthen the endocrine and the reproductive system. The endocrine system is essential for proper hormonal balance. Yoga helps in eliminating the blockages in the blood that flows to the uterus. This again helps in increasing the blood flow to the lower part of the body and supports the body in detoxifying. Some of the yoga poses boost the immune system and speed up the body’s healing mechanism to prepare it for conception. Yoga for fertility helps in eliminating the harmful side effects of fertility drugs as well. With a reduction in stress levels, the body’s ability to cope with the fertility treatments increases your chances of getting pregnant.
Fertility yoga is much like your daily yoga routine. There are many yoga centers that provide fertility yoga sessions. Specific poses are performed in that session for aiding a woman’s effort to get pregnant. Fertility Yoga can assist in boosting a woman’s biological clock and hormonal balance, including menstrual cycle regularity. With regular practice, fertility Yoga enables individuals to connect to their bodies and their partners in a better way. Fertility yoga comprises of a specific series of stretches that have positive effects on reproductive health. Include fertility yoga in your daily routine and lay down a great foundation for a healthy pregnancy.
Your libido or is very important for having a passionate intimate life with your partner. An enhanced drive is required to have the ultimate experience in bed improving your overall physical experience. There are foods that boost your libido, enhancing your sexual urge. However, some foods are also responsible for restricting your libido, which may result in poor sexual drive and loss of longing to have sex.
Here some common food items from your everyday consumption list, which are responsible for restricting your libido:
- Beans: Beans are usually praised as they are high in fiber and contain antioxidants. However, beans are not considered good for a sexual drive because of being glassy. Beans contain indigestible sugar, which causes gastric issues and lowers your libido.
- Chocolate: Chocolate contains methylxanthines, which makes your skin more sensitive and aroused. However, in spite of acting as an enhancer, chocolate results in fatigue and causes tiredness. Due to fatigue, sexual performance is lowered.
- Fried Food: Enjoying greasy fried foods like burgers and fries should be restricted if you want to have healthy sex. The trans-fat found in fried foods is known to cause a decrease in the male and female libido. The impact of devouring these trans, unsaturated fats results in irregular sperm production in men and meddles with gestation in women. French fries should be avoided before having sex.
- Microwaved popcorn: Microwave popcorn can have severe effects on your libido. The chemicals present in the inner lining of the bags which contain these popcorns is said to cause a lowering of sex drive in men. The acids present such as perfluoroalkyl acids- PFOA and PFOS cause lowering of sperm count.
- Red meat: Regular consumption of red meat makes you consume excessive growth hormone, fats and antibiotics. These decrease natural sperm production and production of testosterone. Loss of sexual drive is caused.
- Potato chips: Potato chips contain trans-fats, which may cause oxidative body damage and disrupt normal hormone secretion. You are likely to gain weight, get tired easily and thus your overall libido will go down.
- Cheese: Cheese is processed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This causes disorder in the natural production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the primary sexual hormones, which are related to sex drive. Hence, consuming a lot of cheese is bad for your libido.
- Soya bean: Soya beans can cause disruption and disorder in hormone levels because of the presence of phytoestrogen compounds in it. These compounds try to mimic estrogen and cause lessened energy and sex drive.
A decrease in your libido and sexual drive can be caused from the most common everyday foods that you consume. You should know which foods to avoid, if you want to have a healthy sexual life.