Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Lubna KarbhariYour feedback matters!
I have toothache from last five days. I tried everything like medicine, clove e. T. C. But I couldn't get any positive result. What should I do now?
When you think you see your teeth bleeding, your gums are the actual source of the problem. Several causes can contribute to your gums bleeding, including a sudden impact when you fall down or your tooth or gums are impacted by an injury. But if your gums bleed when you have not bumped them, there may be cause for concern. When gums are bleeding, it can be a sign of something as simple as a new dental care routine or a sign that you need to consult your dentist for extra care. Read on to learn about causes of gums bleeding, ways to gently relieve the discomfort & methods to stop the bleeding.
When you first notice your gums bleeding, grab a washcloth or gauze square & soak it in cool water; if your teeth are sensitive to cold, use warm water instead. Wring out the excess water & gently put the cloth or gauze square against the bleeding area on your gums. Although the application of direct pressure can stop bleeding, do not press too hard on your teeth.If you are experiencing pain along with the bleeding, you may be able to get instant relief by spreading a couple of drops of numbing oral gel along the gumline. Avoid pain relievers such as aspirin because they can thin the blood & cause your gum bleeding to worsen.
Changes in Your Dental Care Routine
If you have not flossed regularly in the past, your gums might start to bleed between your teeth when you first begin to floss. Also, your gums might bleed if you floss too vigorously. A new toothbrush can cause minor irritation & bleeding, too,especially if you opt for a toothbrush with firm bristles.
If you floss or brush too vigorously, do not just give up the practice — both flossing & brushing are absolutely vital to good dental care. Instead, switch to a soft-bristled toothbrush, & simply use a gentler touch while your gums heal. The bleeding should stop within a few days.
Gum diseases, such as gingivitis & periodontitis, can cause bleeding along the gumline around your teeth. Both gingivitis & periodontitis are caused by plaque buildup on & between the teeth. While a dental exam is the safest way to identify these problems, you can look on your own for redness or swelling around the gumline as indicators of a condition.
Careful brushing & flossing will help you to avoid these problems, but if you are already having trouble with sensitive & bleeding gums (not teeth bleeding), you should make an appointment with your Dentist as soon as possible to get a professional opinion.
The key thing to remember is to not wait a single minute! When you realize you have a BLEEDING TEETH, call your dentist immediately and ask them to squeeze you into their schedule. This is, by far, the best solution to any tooth, gum or mouth pain.
I am a chain smoker and have plaque behind my teeth now I have massive gum bleeding for last 2 weeks and I can't even brush properly even if I try to do it with finger entire water in my mouth turned red because of gum bleeding. What should I do?
Hi My boy kid age of 4 years got badly decayed molar tooth. Please suggest me its must to go for pulp therapy or any other alternate is there and pulp therapy is safe for kids as well will it affect permanent tooth growth? Thanks.
Pyorrhoea ki wajah se bad breath aa rhi Hai to salt aur gunguna water kar sakte Hai isme Koi side effect to nahi hoga Aur mughe kya karna hoga please tell me.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.