Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LokeshYour feedback matters!
Hi, please suggest a diet for 2 years baby boy. His weight is 9 kgs. He has Down syndrome. He had a heart surgery but now ut is totally curried. His muscle tone is very poor. So please suggest a good diet plan Thanks.
My baby is 15 days old, it was c sec delivery. My problem is my milk production is low I'm already taking lactare and perinorm from last 5 days but still it's not improved so much. I'm depressed please help.
Hi, my baby is 1 months old and he passing the motion after every breast feed I took him to the doctor he told it's normal but he is going for more than 10 times. Please suggest what needs to do ?
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
Hi doctor my son is three month old and is passing watery motion every time I feed him. He is both on formula and breastfeed. I consulted his pediatric over ph as its puja tym and he is not physically available. He told me to gv diof ds twice 2.5 ml each time. I wanted to know wthr diof ds can be given at this age bcz its a syrup and not drop. I am jus confused wthr three month old can be prescribed diof ds or not.
Hi. I became mother of twins 15 days back. But the problem is my breast milk is not much. What could be the reason for it? Kindly suggest what should I do and what other substitute can be used for breast milk?
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
What should you suggest in diet for a ten year old son? Can it'll be safe to have coffee. For him? How many glasses of milk he should have?
My son is 6 years old & weighs 15 kg. He looks very small as he is not growing according to his age. We haven't taken any treatment for this. Please help.
My only 1 yrs 6 month child girl is not speak any word but she understand all thing she dance in musicmusic so please tell me is there any problem or not.
Tej bukhar ane par behosh (5-10 mint ke liye) ho jati h aur akad jati h, hath bhi piche ki taraf mud jate h. Esa abi tak 2 baar ho chuka h.
Hello my daughter is one year old. She cant eat much more. I want to knew what type of food is good for her and how can I handle her so she can eat as per required amount. Please suggest me what can I do for her.
Hello Doctor my Daughter is 13 month old, she wake-up in night around 2-2.30 daily and start weeping loudly, did not drink milk and water, just crying and screaming. I have checked everything gas, ear, potty, stomach and did find that where is the problem, why she cry daily for hours in mid night. Please suggest me something what to do.
What should be given to 12 years old boy to make him strong internally. To boost his immunity. Is yokult good? how it works. My boy is allergic to dust. Please help.
My son 4.5 year 16.80 kg normal doing but sometime little pain in abdomen. Got USG done some node of 5 to 9 mm seen. Is reason to worry .please need advice.
My son is 18 months old and he has frequent urination problem. 1) cultural urine test done, and no bacteria found 2) does not drink much water but urinate more in quantity.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.