Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LokeshYour feedback matters!
Hi, My one year baby boy is suffering from fever since last 12 days. He has diagnosed with urine infection. Doctor has started 14 days Amikacin injection daily one dose. 5 doses completed now and no fever from yesterday. please let me know if we can stop Amikacin dose or need to continue.
My 4 years daughter licked thinner bottle today at 12 noon. I observed her behaviour but she is reacting very normally any precautions I should take r anything I should observe in her. And after how many hours reaction can b seen of thinner.
Hello. My 2 month baby is too fussy. She keeps crying all the time. And her crying can be controlled only if I feed her. I do feed her even if she is not hungry just to make her stop crying. I am a working women. Please tell me how can I help her as I will have to leave her with a maid from next month (She is not having colic or reflux problem.) If this is a normal behaviour please tell me till when will this be.
My niece is just 4 months old. At times she screams loud. What's the reason for her impatience at such small age.
Hi My baby is 18 days old. She's unable to poop calmly she always cries tightening her face and body while pooping and farting. Pls give me some solution to overcome this.
My three year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case and is this normal for new born or I need to be worried about it.
My Son age is 14 years and suffering with skin disease ringworm He all ready taken allopathic medicine two times but not cured permanently The problem is re appears. So please medicate.
My son is 11years, he is finding difficult to digest food. He is not feeling angry. I should force him to eat. liquid food he take. But not sold. Please suggest.
My 2 year son baby urine colour is not coming as normal from morning where it is coming some what pinkish reddish. .he has not eaten anything out of his normal routine although from last few days we have started given hime threptin biscuit in milk. Pls help and guide..
My baby boy had head circumfrenceces at birth was 36 cm and after 37 days his head circumferencesis 40 cm. I have done cranial usg after birth of baby in which report is normal. Is there chances of hydrocephalus.
My daughter has bed wetting problem since her birth she is now 8 years. She is also crying every day of meaningless. I think imipramine is suitable drug for her. Please help me.
ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition characterized by an inability to concentrate and sustain attention. It is a biological problem of the brain.
Due to poor concentration the child feels bored easily and may become impulsive and appear to be mischievous
He may answer out of turn and will talk even when not spoken to.
He may have difficulty sitting at one place.
He maybe restless, fidgety and jumping about.
This will hamper his ability to remember things and may become forgetful and lose things.
This is something the child does not do on purpose and feels guilty and unhappy about, making the child feel low on self-esteem which may manifest as aggressive and rebellious behavior.
Tips for the teacher and parents
1. Keep the child close to her in the classroom
2. Keep the child away from the windows
3. Shower praise when he behaves appropriately.
4. Write important information down where the child can easily read and reference it
5.Divide big assignments into smaller ones, and allow children frequent breaks.
6. Incorporate Physical movement into classroom teaching.
7. Working with interruptions:
Reducing the interruptions of children with ADD/ADHD should be done carefully so that the child’s self-esteem is maintained, especially in front of others. Develop a “secret language” with the child with ADD/ADHD. You can use discreet gestures or words you have previously agreed upon to let the child know they are interrupting. Praise the child for interruption-free conversations.
8. Dealing with Impulsivity:
Give consequences immediately following misbehavior. Be specific in your explanation, making sure the child knows how they misbehaved.
Recognize good behavior out loud. Be specific in your praise, making sure the child knows what they did right.
Write the schedule for the day on the board or on a piece of paper and cross off each item as it is completed. Children with impulse problems may gain a sense of control and feel calmer when they know what to expect.
9. Dealing with Hyperactivity:
Ask children with ADD/ADHD to run an errand or do a task for you, even if it just means walking across the room to sharpen pencils or put books away.
Encourage the child to play a sport—or at least run around before and after school.
Provide a stress ball, small toy, or other object for the child to squeeze or play with discreetly at his or her seat.
Limit screen time in favor of time for movement. Your child will enjoy fast games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run.
Make sure a child with ADD/ADHD never misses recess or PT period.
Hi, My baby is 3 months old he's exclusively on breastfeed and once a while I give him formula milk. I need to leave him and go for 2 nights. Is it advisable to leave and go the baby also does that affect the milk supply of the mother child breast feeding relation?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.