Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. LithYour feedback matters!
I got sex on 16 june, and my periods were last time 4 june but now these are not coming. and my pregnancy test is negative. My period is always regular. Am I pregnant?
The hair in the front of my head is very few and I'm turning literally bald. I have been applying oil constantly, giving some steam for my hair, still my hair is very scanty and scalp is seen. Help me with some good solution.
Sir I want to know the adverse effect of snoring. I smoke once or twice in a month and do not consume alcohol. But I chew tobacco. And my weight is 76 kgs. So tell me the remedies.
Madam after taken ipill ECP. There is no withdrawal bleeding. Is it pregnancy or not? please give me solution.
I am a 24 year old and my body weight is not increasing but have taken good diet daily. Please tell me e solution of this problem.
People often experience grief when they lose something special or someone very valuable to them. This feeling of grief and loss tends to have various adverse effects one one’s personality, relationships and health. The effects of grief on a person usually depend on different factors, which include the kind of loss suffered, the person’s beliefs, age and his mental or physical health.
Losing someone makes each one of us in a different way. Anxiety and feeling helpless are two things that mostly affect people. Feelings of anger and anxiety are also experienced in the early stages of coping with loss. The sadness creeps in eventually. Grief and loss can affect a person seriously and cause different health hazards. It is quite difficult for a person to heal instantly and they continue feeling bad for a long period of time. However, one day you will recover for sure.
Here are some ways to cope with grief and loss:
- You have to express yourself and share all the feelings bottled inside you. You should talk about your feelings with a close friend or family member. This is the beginning of the healing process.
- When you feel sad, you should not try to avoid it. Feeling sad is a healthy part of the process of grieving and instead of hiding the fact that you are sad under a mask, you should allow the sadness.
- Try to follow your regular schedule instead of isolating yourself. By following a schedule you will keep yourself active, which will help in healing. You should take walks and not lock yourself up in a room as this will make your condition worse.
- Plenty of sleep is required during the healing stage. Emotional strain makes you tired and hence, undisturbed sleep is very much essential for your health. If you do not get proper sleep, consult a doctor.
- A healthy, balanced diet is also important for coping with loss and grief. Avoid food that will wear you down. Eat light and healthy and do not skip meals.
- You must avoid intake of substances, which help in easing the pain. Do not consume too much alcohol. It may temporarily numb the pain, but afterwards you will feel worse.
- Counselling is important after you get through the initial healing stage on your own. After several weeks or a month, you should go to a counselor and have regular therapy sessions. The ideal time to start counselling depends wholly on you and your state.
- Antidepressant medicines can also be taken on prescription for feeling better.
Coping with grief and loss is quite a difficult task. A lot of patience is required and instead of giving into sorrow, one must get up and take all steps required for quick recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 year old I have hair falling. problem please give me. Solution. As it is very high speed hair falling if yu have any medicine then. Tell. Me.
How to cure psoriasis? N wt are the food tat shd be consumed by a psoriasis patient? N how can he reduce itching sensation? Pls suggest the best treatment.
I am 37 years old male recently diagnosed with diabetes. I don't want to move to allopathy as it has side affects. Is there an ayurvedic medicine to cure diabetes or keep it under control?
Ketosis is basically a diet plan wherein the brain and body get energy through ketones in place of glucose. Ketosis is extremely beneficial in maintaining blood sugar levels and providing consistent energy to the body.
5 detailed reasons to go for ketosis for losing weight:
1) it takes away fat from your abdominal cavity - generally, we have two types of fat in our body, subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. The latter is present in the abdominal cavity and can lead to insulin resistance and inflammation. Ketosis predominantly reduces fat from this area and helps protect the body against many such troublesome conditions including type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
2) it reduces your appetite - the major drawback of all sorts of diets is that you feel extremely hungry and eventually give up on your strict diet schedule. Ketosis includes consumption of low-carb foods which have the ability to bring down your appetite by a considerable amount, thus making you consume fewer calories.
3) it brings down the level of fat molecules - triglycerides are known as the fat molecules of the body and consumption of carbohydrates is the major driver behind these molecules. Therefore, a low-carb diet effectively reduces the level of triglycerides and thus helps protect your body against various heart ailments.
4) it keeps your blood pressure under check - high blood pressure can lead to certain serious conditions such as kidney failure and stroke. Reduced consumption of carbohydrates brings down your blood pressure to an adequate level, thus keeping you safe from all these ailments.
5) it improves ldl cholesterol pattern - ldl is known as bad cholesterol and people with high levels of ldl are more prone to heart ailments as compared to those with lower levels of ldl. Ketosis diet increases the size of ldl particles, thus reducing their number and making them benign in nature.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Lybrate | Dr. Sampa Dey speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am having ulcer on my gum from near about 10 days and its not improving. Please suggest me what should I do.?
Dermatologist is the once who "is trained to evaluate and manage paediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, hair and nails" they are specialized in:
1. Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers
2. Management of contact dermatitis and other skin disorders
3. Recognition of skin diseases
4. Derma pathology
5. Surgical techniques used to treat skin conditions.
Five reasons why do you need a dermatologist
1. You are not the doc: though you believe that you know more about your skin than a specialist. You are completely wrong. You might know how your reacts to heat, but you may not know why. And so you need a specialist who can well understand the condition of your skin.
2. Treatments: dermatologist clearly knows what, why and which treatment is necessary to your skin. They are the ones who can suggest necessary treatments without getting your skin irritated for long.
3. Cosmetology: they not only do the basic work related to skin but also do the cosmetic procedures like laser skin treatment, fillers, scar removal etc, thereby giving you the beautiful skin glow.
4. Advice: dermatologist can help you out with which cosmetics to use, which sunscreens would suit your skin and which type of product radiates your skin color.
5. Cancers dermatologist can help in detecting various skin cancers and help you fight the battle of getting rid of it.
Vaginal Vault Prolapse is the condition where the upper portion of vagina may lose its normal shape and drop or sag down into the vaginal canal or maybe even outside the vagina. This may occur after a hysterectomy or even simultaneously with uterine prolapse.
The treatment of Vaginal Vault Prolapse varies with the severity and extremity of your symptoms. Your healthcare provider may suggest medications and physical therapy to treat your condition, if you feel that the prolapse is not bothersome. However, you might have to undergo surgery later if your symptoms worsen and the prolapse affects your quality of life and hinders functional ability. You must keep in mind that usually more than one area is affected by weakness in your pelvic floor.
The symptoms of Vaginal Vault Prolapse include, backache, pelvic heaviness, bulging mass into or sometimes outside your vagina that hinders normal activities such as walking and sitting, vaginal bleeding and releasing urine involuntarily.
- Medication: Most of the women with this condition usually go through menopause around the same time. Since the estrogen levels are severely lowered during menopause, it causes vaginal dryness. Discussing about estrogen therapy with your healthcare provider is a must if you wish to remedy your vaginal dryness. Not every woman should take estrogen so it is imperative to talk to a medical expert first. Usually women are treated with estrogens before they go into surgery.
- Physical therapy: Most healthcare experts recommend pelvic floor exercises as physical therapy using biofeedback so as to strengthen the specific muscles of your pelvic floor. Biofeedback is the usage of monitoring devices that contain sensors and are placed either in your rectum, vagina or on your skin. Biofeedback is very important because it tells you the strength of each muscle you are squeezing i.e. contractions, and if you are squeezing the right muscles in order to perform the exercise correctly. Long term usage of biofeedback in physical therapy leads to strengthening of your muscles and a reduction in your symptoms.
- Surgery: Corrective surgery may be performed on you by the surgeon either through the abdomen or vagina. If the surgeon is performing the corrective surgery through the vagina, he will use the ligaments, which support the uterus to solve the problem.
Related Tip: "5 Unconventional Questions About Vaginal Health"