Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Lekharajani G JYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I m 22year female I have sight problem I want to take a laser treatment whr I have to take nd how much cost will be plzzz help me.
Complaint with dry mouth and dry eyes confirmed as sjogren's syndrome since 2012. No improvement till today. Is anything to worry?
A mosquito went in my eyes two days ago, I didn't have any mirror at that time so I couldn't get it out. Now it doesn't on eye but I can feel its prick pain inside eye. How can I get that out?
I am facing hair loss. What should I do? Even my eyesight is weak. I wears glass of minus 2.25 power.can i improve my eyesight?
I have a habit of using internet so much and due to this my eye sight are decreasing day by day what should I do.
I have a black colour just below my eyes. It could not change for a few days. My face become more ugly due to these black colour. How I can reduce these black colour?
Hi doctor I am tmanna my mom is eyes are red every evening last two months what she does please tell me.
Hello Doctor I have glasses since my childhood days. My sight would be around 11 for both the eyes. How to reduce it. And get away from species.
I am 24 years old and i am having a vision problem to increase the vision sight what are the steps to be follow.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.