Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxman Pawale
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman PawaleYour feedback matters!
I have suffering frm my pain knee. Last night 2days ago. I help mini doctor not improvement. Pls suggest my problem and solve.
Im having two fractures on my hand since 1 month but it still pains bit, is it forever to be pain? Will the pain remain forever?
In the childhood when I was students I was doing homework and doing computer work my sitting posture on the table are not good becoz of that my back bone are not straight little curved and now am habitual so please tell me what to do. Is have any kind of belt or thing so I can straight my back bone. Help me.
I am having problem with my backache and also having problem with my neck and shoulder kindly provide relevant solution.
Right from neck to back of chest on spine and both shoulder muscles are paining. There is feeling as if some insects are creeping on that part of the body. It is advised by doctors it is spondylosys. Pain killers are not giving respite.
My mother has leg pain and akdan due to which they face the problem in walking. The pain is not in joint or in knee but in portion between knee and feet. Sometime the pain become worst
I am a 28 years old female I have cold, sneezing, running nose, problem frequently due to dust, cold climate or sweat for about 5 years i am not able to take fruits and have backache problem past 2 months, and how to improve my skin how to brighten, what treatment can I take.
I have been facing multiple challenges. I am 55 years old now. I used to work at a leadership role at Board level. Due to bad politics in workplace, my contract/tenure was not renewed. This is despite the Board of Directors recommendations about my outstanding performance for 5 years. First setback on the professional front. Then I had Intestinal Bowel Syndrome (IBS) for more than one month. I was under tremendous stress. Completed my PhD in the meanwhile. Two months of academic research took away lots of mental energy. Developed serious back pain on the lower spine followed by cervical spondylitis. The high stress has disturbed my Lipid profile. I am a chronic Hypertensive. Sleep disorders , stiffness in legs , numbness in left leg followed by head reeling are some the health challenges I have been facing during last five months. Please guide me for way forward. Thanks.
I sit for 10 hours a day in the office. I go to gym daily. When I go to bed suddenly my waist starts having pain. What should I do?
How to reduce thigh gaps? I have slight bigger thighs than people of my age. Please prescribe any yogasana or exercise and medicine if any to reduce the thigh gaps.
Helo, I am 23 years old. I have my back pain to much and also when I head down spinal gets paining. I also have severe headache frequently which is very much painful. This is causing me a huge problem in studies as I can not sit for several hours. Please help.
When I wake up in morning I feel my joints little pain my age is 24. What's the reason my weight is 82 height 5'7.
How to increase strength and immunity as I'm 19yrs old? And when I do gym then i am suffering from shoulder and back pains.
I have the problem of weight gain regularly, that is now 89 k.g.With the problem of mental stress that is occur from no job yet at the age of 30, my body slowly but surely creates inactive ties on my mind. Please help me to back me on the main stream of life.
I am 17 years old suffering from the thigh pain due excess taking of fat substances and over exercise from yesterday please give any advise to get rid the pain.
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery -
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components:
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!