Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxman M Ghule
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman M GhuleYour feedback matters!
My mother has been suffering from recurring throat infections. She has throat pain and she says she feels something in her throat. We hav consulted lot of ent specialist who say there is nothing wrong with her throat. It is just a throat infection .can you help amd suggest as in what is to be done .she is in pain.
I am facing frequent sneezing problem, almost every week. Watery discharge from nose runs for hours giving me discomfort at home/office disrupting my routine life. Sometimes I am unable to sleep whole night due to continuous sneezing. I suspect this might be due to some allergy like dust etc. But not sure. I am not interested in allopath as their are side effects of medicines. Is there any alternative available in Ayurveda?
Sinusitis refers to a common condition characterised by inflammation and swelling of cavities surrounding nasal passages, commonly known as your sinuses. When something interferes with the flow of air into the sinuses and obstructs mucus drainage out of it, sinus infection or sinusitis mainly occurs.
The most common symptoms of this condition include headache or pain in the facial region, nasal congestion and discharge, loss of smell and fever in some cases. To ensure that you opt for the correct treatment it is necessary to identify the causes of blockage. Here are the chief causes responsible for giving you a sinus infection.
In most cases, a sinus infection is triggered by common cold and flu, which are caused by viruses. Swelling of nasal tissues occurs due to cold, in turn creating a blockage for the holes that are meant for draining mucous. In this case, rather than opting for antibiotics, take precautions against flu and cold. You can even consider getting a flu shot.
Certain pollutants and allergens or deviation of septum can be the cause behind sinus infections as they trigger coughing, irritation of the nose and inflammation. Some of these pollutants are dust, smoke and harmful gases present in the air or substances with a strong odour (certain foods, flowers, perfumes etc). To minimize chances of sinusitis, try to stay away from these irritants to the maximum extent possible. Moreover, you can also use an air purifier to reduce the effects of air pollution.
3. Long term use of nasal decongestant sprays
Nasal decongestant sprays may help you get rid of congestion, but on the other hand they are responsible for the constriction of the blood vessels present in your nose. Moreover, if used for a long time, these nasal products may worsen the symptoms of sinusitis, especially if the directions for use are not correctly followed. Also, prolonged use of the sprays can give rise to rebound nasal congestion, which is basically a relapse of congestion. So, try to minimise the use of it and follow directions very carefully if you do need to use it.
Smoke from cigarettes has an effect similar to pollutants on your nose. Cigarette smoke plays a significant role in degrading the natural sinus-cleaning system of your body resulting in more gunk build up in the sinuses, in turn clogging nasal passages. Moreover, smoking also leads to inflammation, triggering sinus infections. So, try to cut down on your smoking if not quit altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am 23yrs old am suffering with throat infection from 2 months am using no. Of medicines but no use what I can do?
How can vitiligo patients increase immunity for colds as they are not supposed to take citrus fruits? Kindly guide me as I am a vitiligo patient. And also what drink can I have? Can I take Horlicks?
I am in a very big problem because of a hole in my ear drum. So how to I pack out that hole with out operation please help me.
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia (learn more about Anaemia and how it affects the health): Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding.
I am suffering frm snoring (KHRAATE) Problem for last 4-5 years. Could you tell me please right nd permanent treatment for snoring. My family members r very upset frm my problem. please let me know right treatment.
I am suffering from sinusitis which is probably caused due to my cough allergy. Whenever there is a change in weather, I catch cold and starts sneezing and coughing. Also, white sticky mucus comes out from my nose while coughing. I get relief from drinking warm water. Whenever I eat something hot or spicy, mucus comes out. I am 24 years old.
I have a condition of tonsillitis. When I go to sleep it etches in my throat. I get a lot of irritation. I lose my sleep. What should I do to get rid of this problem. I want to have all kinds of foods. I want a home cure for treating my condition. I am not recovering. I want a remedy that will keep me fit in future. I with along with my family members thank you in advance.
From last week I am suffering with throat problem. I feel something is there but no pain. Motion is not clear. Tongue not allowing any spicy food. Lips remaining dry. At present I am using Hepar-Sulph-30 (homeopathic medicine) but no result found. Please suggest the medicine.
Honey, could you stop snoring please? This innocent statement heralds trouble ahead,usually made by a desperate individual who cannot take your snoring anymore. If you are having problems sleeping or if your partner is always complaining about your loud snoring it is most likely that you are suffering from sleep apnea.
There is no need to panic because advances in medicine have made treatment of this condition possible. Before you start seeking treatments, it is imperative to get some basics on this sleeping disorder. It will help you to make an informed choice while also reassuring you that your condition is treatable.
Demystifying Sleep Apnea
According to the American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA), this medical condition causes involuntary cessation of breathing while a patient is sleeping. These breathing pauses can last for a few seconds to minutes and occur up to a hundred times in a night.
During these pauses, you will snore loudly and the disruption of natural sleep means you only enjoy light sleep throughout the night. Consequently, you will have problems concentrating during the day, which can be dangerous in some work situations.
It can be categorized into three categories. These are:
?Obstructive sleep apnea: This takes place when the soft tissue at the back of your throat relaxes thus blocking the airway. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), over 18 million people suffer from this category.
?Central sleep apnea: It manifests when the central nervous system does not function properly. The brain fails to signal breathing control muscles leading to choking. It does not involve loud breathing and ASAA reckons it forms a large percentage of the 50% undiagnosed apnea cases in the US.
?Complex sleep apnea: This is a complicated combination of the central sleep and obstructive sleep apnea.
To determine the type of condition afflicting you, a visit to the dentist is crucial.
Why You Need Timely Diagnosis
The fact that 80-90% of sleep disorders remain undiagnosed should be a major worry. They say that a stitch in time saves nine, which is why you need to seek treatments if you have some of these symptoms:
?Screaming morning headaches
?Hypersomnia characterized by excessive day time sleepiness
?Abrupt awakening due to cessation of breathing
In short, if you have problems enjoying your night's sleep then a visit to your dentist to seek sleep apnea treatments is advisable.Some of the problems that may arise if you ignore your incessant snoring include depression, sexual dysfunction, high irritability, memory problems, cardiovascular disease and a host of other dangerous health conditions.
Hi sir my name is Ravi working in bank suffering from pharyngitis from the past one and half year I consulted 3 specialists also. During taking medicine no problem when medicine stopped daily while eating when anything eating touches throat tears come from eyes and sneezeAt night time severe cough at midnight please suggest some remedies.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments.
Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!