Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LataYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor im male 23 years old I have one doubt I did sex with one girl. But I did only anal sex with her so if the girl has aids it will come to me. Could you clear my doubt?
It's my 21st day suffering from chicken pox. 99% of my scabs have fallen. I am a bit weak although. I was fine uptill morning but today afternoon the weather was cloudy and a cool breeze was blowing, I went to my balcony for not more than 5 mins and a few drops of tiny rain drops struck my head and body and since then I am feeling a bit uneasy, that is a bit drowsy, just a bit lazy kind of feeling. I don't have temperature and I am sweating as usual as well. Is it any serious matter? If yes then what should I do? And what all restrictions do I need to follow after chickenpox and for how long? Please fo help. (Footnote: My mother is suffering from chickenpox as well since 8 days)
1. Blood clot in arteries of the brain
2. High blood pressure
3. Heart diseases
4. Injury to blood vessels
5. Irregular heart beat
7. Family history of stoke
8. High cholesterol
10. Carotid artery disease
12. Certain birth control pills.
I'm on yaz, after taking my last inactive pill tonight, I did not get my period yet. I had unprotected sex two days ago and yesterday I drank an emergency contraceptive (norlovo). I'm freaking out. Will it be normal to skip a period because of the timing, do I continue tomorrow with my active pills? Do I need to worry about pregnancy?
I had undergone my first intercourse with my husband three days before, 29th is the date of my period of every month but I didn't get it till now, after doing sex I took unwanted 72 pills. Now I am having little pain in my back but yet not got period. Can you suggest me what to do because I want that period to be proper.
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
What is woman ovulation period. The best time for intimate when a woman pregnant. Please give me suggestions.
Hi, my sister is married. She got regular periods n got down between mid of the month always. But this time she got just a very little flow (just a spot) for yesterday n today. What does it mean.
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle since 9-10 yrs. Whenever I take 21day tab I get regular cycle and when I do not my cycle comes after 5 months. I was diagnosed with PCOD once. And had ovarian cyst 7 years back. My weight has increased.
Sir on 29/10/16 I have done sex with my boyfriend. My date was on 3rd of nov. But it got delayed. We uses condom during sex. I took pillow for early mensuration on 8th and 2 dose on 9th. My test for pregnancy is negative on 9th. But still no mensuration please help and suggest.
Why do some girls cry & moan during having sex. Is it compulsory for women to moan & cry when having sex.
How to have a proper and safe sex so as to avoid pregnancy and diseases provided not to use condoms?
I' m 19yrs old girl and I go through severe abdominal pain in first two days of periods. So what should I do to get rid of it?
Interstitial Cystitis is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It is characterized by the inflammation of the bladder wall. It is the chronic inflammation of the bladder. The exact cause has not been identified yet, though some believe that it might be due to the defect in the bladder lining or an autoimmune disorder. Interstitial cystitis is believed to resemble a bacterial infection, but the short term antibiotics have been found to be of no or less use.
The symptoms of interstitial cystitis are:
- Frequency of urination during the day and night
- Urgency of urinating
- Pain associated with urinating or pain in the abdomen, vaginal and urethral area
Ayurvedic Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a blend of 23 natural ingredients. This herbal remedy is useful in patients who are suffering from excess urination problem. This formulation has properties, which are helpful in the urine retention and reduce the inflammation in the pelvic areas. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Chandanadhi Vati: This consist natual ingredients like Shweta chandana (Santalum album), Maricha (Piper cubeba), Gandha biroja satva (Pinus longifolia sap), Kattha (Acacia catechu), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Rala (Vateria indica extract), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Chandana taila (Sandal wood oil) and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata). The product helps to resolve interstitial cystitis by controlling urination, reduces inflammation and burning sensation. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water are taken.
- Punarnava Mandur: This is a pack of the herbal remedies and has quite satisfactory results in the patients. This balances the vata and pitta, the major dosha and causes of interstitial cystitis. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water is the ideal dosage.
- Varunadi Vati: This is a blend of natural products like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Shuddha guggulu (Comniphera mukul). The ingredients have the property to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. This is helpful in urine retention and reducing inflammation. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin: This is prepared by the extracts of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This herbal product has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from inflammation in the pelvic area and other symptoms associated of interstitial cystitis. The dosage of this herbal product is one capsule twice a day with plain water. Also, if had after meals then it is very effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.