Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit KapoorYour feedback matters!
My Baby is 4 years of age having rickets evidence shown. What next steps taken. Would my baby do not walk properly in future?
My son is just 3yrs old from 1month I saw that whenever he discharge toilets his penis blow like balloon I very scared please tell me what's should l do.
I am a feeding mother my son have 7 months old. He is suffering with motions I am already consult the doctor and use medicine but no use and does not control. I am also suffering with stomach pain. It comes with intervals and come on abdomen to stomach with highly. So in this time can I give feeding to my son and can I know what s the problem.
My son a 6 and half months old. I have started him feeding ragi and rice ganji. N hz started loose motion 4-5times a day (from3 days back) please suggest me how to cute this. Reply me fast.
Dear Doctor my son is 8 years old he is having fever since last 20 days he has suffered from jaundice in this period but his jaundice is cured but the temperature is not coming down rather it is increasing now it has touched 103.2f we have been giving him fepanil please suggest. Thanks.
Mera baby bottle Ni leta h wo 4 months ka hai kbi to bottle se feed krlta h but kbi to leta hi Ni. Hme usko long time tk hungry rhkna pdta h. aap koi easy way btaye kaise mai usko feed du jise wo easily drink krle.
Hi, My baby boy is 9th months old I gave him homemade foods like dal (arhar, moong, masoor), rice, mixed vegetables, fruits but my baby's weight is 8.5 kg. How he can gain weight? also I breastfeed him on demand my concern is does he need other milk also? because he refuses to drink any kind of formula. I tried different brands but he refuses every time only take small quantity 30 to 60 ml only. Please suggest.
11 mahine ki beti hai meri. Use dhoop asar kar gaya. Loo lagya. Drugs de rahe hai. Aur ghar pe kya swdhani barte.
What can we feed the child now, as he is already 6 months now. So far he is taking mothers feeding, diluted apple and banana? What else can we feed the child?
My 4 years old child is having fever since last night. I have given her relent syrup. Doctor not available today. Any suggestions. But fever still there.
He is 17 month old baby boy having very small pimple like spots all over the neck and what is the reason and what is the treatment for this and now it is spreading all over the stomach. There is no itching.
My daughter is 5 years old and she gets cold very often. Now she is suffering from cold cough and fever. I consulted a physician but not yet get the remedy.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 4 year's old. She didn't eat properly. While Eating food she used to cry. She dont want have any food. So, What should I do?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.