Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalasa GodhavarthiYour feedback matters!
Many times I feel like pinch on lower jaw to neck bone since last 3 months but not regular after 4-5 days ke gap pei. Pls help me why it happens what's the reason and how to cure.
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil. But suggested me to go for root canal for m1 and m2. Please suggest me can I go for 1 or 2 root canal. With ciramic or zirconium note: I have a habbit of night grinding of tooth is there any side effects for root canal is the recurrence process is complicated or simple how far it is safe?
I got severe mouth and tongue ulcer once in month. It remains up to 1 week. please help me to get rid of this.
My teeth's always get decayed and cavity occurs. Tell me how to protect teeth on daily basis as my teeth's are very weak.
My tooth is paining a lot, only one side of molars part, please suggest something as soon as possible?
My teeth are slightly outside. I do think of braces but feel its painful. Please suggest me anything nice.
My question is I have my girlfriend bt I think am not comfortable kissing her because of the breath even after she has brushed. Advise on how she can consistently maintain her breath scent okay without necessarily chewing gum. Thank you.
Hai sir, I am 23 years old, I am having black layer on my teeth. I am using Colgate but not results found, suggest me the toothpaste that will remove my black layer on my teeth.
My teeth got full of yellow color plzz suggest me to which toothpaste did I use daily to maintain my teeth!
My mouth smells very dirty all the time. My teeth are yellow always. What should I do to overcome this?
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.