Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lad Dilip RatanlalYour feedback matters!
I have come off the pill after been on it for 5 years been on several kinds. I have been off now for 3/4 months, my periods are funny I was due on on a monday didnt come on till the friday only lasted 3 days then this month due on on monday didnt come on for 2 weeks, thought I was pregnant as was having all symptoms, sore boobs bach ache belly cramps which are also signs of period. Confused im not in a rush to get pregnant but iv come off the pill to fall pregnant? How come iv been having unprotected sex, no pill? Is they a problem because people say if your having periods it means your ovulating again?
I am 15 year old. I had my first periods on 9 july 2016. It lasted for 3 days with very less flow. I started my second periods on 25 September and it is still continuing. I was having very heavy flow till yesterday. I had to change pads after every three hours. Today the flow is lesser comparatively. Today I am changing pads after 5-6 hours. I am absolutely tired of changing pads. We have a very important festival from 6th october to 11th october and I badly want my periods to end before that. Please help.
I have never taken any type of tablets for sex, eg viagra I was just thinking to take just once to get the experience how its work? can you suggest what type of care I have to take at time of taking this tablets? at a time how many tablets I can take and before how many hours I have to take this tablets, without food or with food etc etc please help.
My wife is pregnant of 5 month. Previous year the baby dead in last month due to gestational diabetics. Now in this pregnancy the sugar is controlled i. E. Fasting 110 and pp 150. The doctor said that she will not wait for 9 month labour pain. She will operate after 8 month completed. Is it right? I m confused. Please suggest.
I am having pain in my right breast after my period ends can I know why it is so. Is it serious condition.
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!
I'm 15 years old. I have irregular periods. While my periods I cannot tolerate my stomach and back pain. Then I suffer with fever whenthis time. How can I get rid of this problems?
I had an sex with my Bf on my 8th day of my periods. I had post pone 72within 4 hours. I was bleeding after seven days for abt 3 days. Then I again I had sex with my Bf after 8 days and had 'ipill daily tablet. Will I get pregnant? Please reply asap m worried.
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda. People advocate intake of water on empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures wide range of diseases starting from allergies to Cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in whatsapp groups and on facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
Relation of water intake and meals:
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It has clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence automatically, his food intake will decrease. Of course he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
We Ayurved practitoners follow the sutra given below :
Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman,a farmer,an army man all work for eight hours. Business man is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the Sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day kindly.
'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/Doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared by me will help you take the correct step.