Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. L J DesouzaYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
A tumor is occupied in her left breast. Is surgery needed or there is some another option to do the cure? Please guide me.
I am a cancer patient (breast, Stage II). I have completed all treatments for the last 2 1/2 years ago. Doctors operated by only partially (only affected area). The whole part are not remove. Cancer cells are again formed? Or not formed?
I have a tumor or ball like structure near my right testicle. I don't know if it's a tumor or not. Can it be testicular cancer? And In my city there is no sexologist.
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with your doctor.
I have a lump on the inside of my vagina. I didnt notice it untill painful intercourse. I kept it a secret for a few months. I was embarrassed. It is on the right side. Intercourse got too painful. So I went to the doctor not my primary doctor I just went to the e. R. But it was so uncomfortable the doctor barely got to see it cause I kept jerking. He assumed it was an absece and even said he seen it had a head on it. I looked myself and there is no head. It never hurts and it never bothers me untill I try to have inter course. But you can fill a lump down there and see it what do you think it is? please I need help?
My grandma hip bone got fractured and her age is about 85. Within 4 days, she got bed soar which is in starting stage. I need suggestions/guidance to treat it in this stage and stop it to improve further.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Cancer patient has taken 6 cycles of chemotherapy. Whether patient can eat hot (chillies) items. We have yet to go to PET Scanning.
I am 65 of sound health without any illness n medicine intake history. What test should I undertake to know I am Cancer free? My maternal side has Cancer history including my mother hence the scare.
My wife aged 68yrs fears about breast lump. Feeling for any hard lumps does not give any clue. Is a consultation with doctor needed?
My cousin is having blood cancer and is 11 year old. He is undergoing chemotherapy. What diet should be followed and which foods we can give him.
One of my uncle is having cancer (multiple myeloma). Chemotherapy is done already. Still we don't know root cause of this. He is not having any bad habits like smoking drinking etc.
I am having the condition known as BPH.Initially the prostate was classified as grade III. I was put on Rapilif D for 3months and later the prostate was classified as Grade I. I stopped the medicine and after two months the urine flow got reduced and again I took thesame medication for one more moonth. This continuous intake of Alfa blockers has reduced mysexual urge. I am 66 years old. I am also taking medicine for Type II Diabetes and Hypertension. Can this BPH be cured through medication by Ayurveda?
Hello Sir/Madam, I have inquiry related to my wife she is 29 year old ,she is suffering from breast fibroadenoma in both side breast ,total number of 7 lumps in both breast, please suggest me preferred treatment.
Discharge from nipple (galactorrhoea)
Secretion of milk-like discharge from one or both breasts unrelated to childbirth is called galactorrhea. Nipple discharge is most often due to a benign process. This common breast problem has been reported in 10 to 15 percent of women with benign breast disease and in 2.5 to 3 percent of women with breast cancer. There are generally two different types of nipple discharge
Occurs when the breast is manually squeezed, can happen to any woman and is usually not concerning.
Which spots on the clothing, should be evaluated by a physician and may warrant further testing.
Characterized by discharge only with compression and by multiple duct involvement. These discharges are frequently bilateral. With either type, the discharge fluid may be clear, yellow, white or dark green.
Spontaneous, bloody or associated with a mass. These discharges are usually unilateral.
- excessive production of milk-stimulating hormone prolactin by pituitary problems, malfunction of hypothalamus.
- menstrual problem such as amenorrhea problems with cervical part of spine.
- drugs such as oral contraceptives, tranquillizers, and diuretics.
- injury, burns, or surgery,
- neurological problems such as shingles,
- breast cancer
- athletes may experience small amounts of galactorrhea from constant rubbing of the nipples against clothing. Frequent sexual stimulation of the breasts may have similar effects.
- milky discharge: may be due to physiological (lactation); oral contraceptives; galactorrhea
- bloody discharge: may be due to intraductal papiloma; intraductal cancer; malignancy; duct ectasia; fibrocystic disease.
- purulent discharge: may be due to infection
- serous or sticky discharge: fibrocystic disease
- discharge from the surface of breast is seen in paget’s disease;
- skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis; rare causes such as chancre may also cause discharge.
- stimulation of the nipple (i. E, squeezing to check for discharge) actually promotes discharge; patients with a physiologic discharge should avoid checking for discharge. A physiologic discharge often resolves when the nipple is left alone.
- all patients with spontaneous or unilateral nipple discharge needs surgical evaluation. This is true for patients with bloody discharges and for those with clear or serous discharges.
Homeopathic symptoms and cure
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the basis of symptoms rather than conditions, as each case of a particular illness can manifest differently in different people. There are many symptoms which can be effectively treated by homeopathy few symptoms are given below.
. Nipples sore and fissured, intense suffering on putting child to breast, pain starts from nipple and radiates all over body. Breast feels like a brick, lumpy and nodular.
. Premenstrual breast congestion in women with abundant periods, weight gain and nervousness before the period.
. Cyst in the breast, hard and painful but, itchy, with stitching pains in the nipple. Discomfort worse just before and after the period; woman wants to press breasts hard with hand.
. Bluish-red lumps in the breast, with gradual loss of fatty tissue, and tendency to feel hot all the time.
. Intensely sensitive nipples, sticking pains, like a splinter, cracks, nipples discolored.
. Nipples inflamed and very tender, can hardly bear the pain of nursing, intolerant of pain: “cannot bear it!” very irritable.
. Sore nipples with dry hard deep cracks on it. Dry itching and crusty.
. Cheesy and offensive discharge from nipple.
. Deep sore cracks across crown of nipple.
For proper diagnose consult a homeopath. Start treatment to get rid of these problems.