Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KusumaYour feedback matters!
My son age 5 yrs, Weight 14 kg, he have cough & cold every months, please suggest some homeopathy medicine. Thanks.
My son is frequently stomach pain. Pain coming time stomach below full swell and vomiting. .he was studying 8th class but this pblm he was irregular going to school. His ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis report Impression:- Findings suggestive of retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy. What is the actual pblm for my son? Why r you same disease frequently coming? I am very depressed for my son's problem. So you r valuable rply as soon as.
I am a 32 year old mother. I have a daughter 8 month old. I was not having enough milk to feed my baby therefore in the beginning alternately started formula milk and from 5th month mid also started alternative food such as dal & rice water, fruit juice boiled and strained and feed through bottle. Know she is also on semi fluid food. I was also breast feeding upto 6 months. But then since i started working she is like almost 8-10 hour on the above food. I want to breast feed her,but she does not take it more than 5-7 mintues. Since the flow is comparatively very low as in before. How do I Improvise flow, may please guide.
Hi, my daughter is 2. 5 yrs old. She was suffering from mild stomach infection, for which hey ped gave her of (7. 5 ml twice a day) for 6 days starting from fri. Since yesterday night, she is complaining from sore throat. She is not able to intake any solid without pain in the throat. Earlier her ped had prescribed droxyl for sore throat. My question is can I give her droxyl now when she is already taking oflaxin for stomach infection? please advise.
My daughter aged 16 years has been suffering from Idiopathic Urticaria from the age of 3 years. She currently takes levocetirizine 5 mg when skin itching starts. The effect of the medicine remains for 2 days and again it reoccurs. Like to know the cause and the treatment. Also mention that she undergoes periodic de-worming. We tested with different foods to understand the cause like eggs, brinjal and others but no caused could be ascertained.
My daughter .6 yrs. Is having pain in the pelvic area. Kindly suggest what and why it cud be. And what should be done?
My 13 month old son suffering from fever from 2 days, his temp. Is 100 above, there is no cough. Please advise.
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
Babies are fragile and need special care. In case of babies that are born prematurely, the amount of attention needed increases many fold and parents need to be extra careful and attentive. A baby born before 37 weeks of pregnancy is said to be a premature baby. The earlier the baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.
Most premature babies spend the first few days after birth in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). This is because they may have trouble breathing and may need help maintaining body heat. Though you may feel helpless watching your baby, it is important to spend time with your baby while he or she is in the NICU. Talk to the baby and touch him or her. As soon as your doctor allows, carry your baby while allowing him or her to have maximum skin to skin contact.
It is important to breastfeed a premature baby. Breast milk is the richest source of nutrition for your baby and is easy to digest. It is also rich in antibodies that help boost a bay’s immunity and protect them against a number of infections. If you cannot feed your baby directly, pump your breast milk and store it in sterilised bottles to be given to the baby. Premature babies can get critically ill very fast. To prevent this from happening, it is important to build a good rapport with your baby’s doctors and keep a close eye on your baby. Maintaining a journal can help you recognise changes in your baby’s development. Watch out for subtle signs that your baby could be falling ill. Some of these signs are:
- A distended abdomen
- Dry the diapers frequently
- Frequent vomiting
- Blood in the stool
- Temperature instability
- Lethargy and unresponsiveness
- Change in breathing
In some cases, the mother may be discharged before the baby. This may seem very difficult, but does not need to limit your time with your baby. Caring for a premature baby is tough and hence use the time away to rest and recuperate. Remember that your baby is in safe hands and do not let yourself get too stressed.
Your baby will be ready to come home once he or she can breathe on their own and is able to maintain a steady body temperature. Your doctor may also wait until the baby can be breastfed and begins gaining weight before discharging him or her. Once the baby is home, do not attempt to be the sole caregiver but involve your family in building a team of caregivers. This will keep you from getting burnt out and will ensure that your baby is constantly monitored.
Hi, my daughter aged 6.5 years is suffering from muscle spasm in her neck. She is not able to move her neck right. What medicine should I administer her.
Meri bacchi 2.5 month Ki hai. Aur wo cow milk piti hai. Aur wo bahut dubli hai. please uske Health aur achi dikhe to please suggest tonic.
My daughter she 2 years 6 month she fell ill due to indigestion. And started to vomit and doc gave few medicines after that she started to pass loose tools. It's almost 1 week now she not eating her food. Her tummy to bolted and when I fed her she brings it out. She only take smashed food. Still doesn't like to chew her food. But other things she knows to chew but the quantity what I give it's like giving to a bird. Please tell.
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
My 15 month old baby weight only 7 kg. At the time of her birth her weight was 2.5 kg. Pls help me out how to increase her weight. Is she normal. She is active.
My son is 2.5 years old. The skin/cover of his penis does not open. Is it harmful for future? may it cause urin infection?
My baby is 1.8 years old. He is suffering from cough from last 5 days. And after 5 days fever is 101. I am giving him grilinctus syrup and crocin syrup. But cough is not control. My baby is whole night coughing and many times vomiting. So please advice me some cough syrup and other medicine name.
I have twine premature baby girls. On their born their weight are of 1.2 kg and 1.5 kg. They become 1.5 years now and their weight is 9.6 kg and 11 kg How can I increase their weight.? They often catch cough and cold.
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
Dmft is a simple index tool for your dentist to follow and it is very easy to understand by the common patients too.
It is basically a summary of your oral health in a quick way.
It is to observe the number of teeth that are either decayed that is carious or having any periodontal or perapical pathology leading to the discomfort.
To observe how many teeth are missing.
To observe how many teeth are filled or restored.
This will give you an idea about the basic condition of your oral health
It is simple to get checked so visit your dentist today and ask for it.