Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kusha Shah
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusha ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 50 and have a very strong sex drive but of late I am not having intercourse as before, please help or is there some medicine to help?
I'm about to have my first IUI (Intrauterine insemination) on coming Monday. Doctor has advised me to get done under short general anaesthesia. I'm very scared. Does GA has any side effects? I have one mature follicle in my left ovary. Will my treatment succeed? Will I feel any pain during d procedure under GA?
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.
Obesity is a lifestyle disorder where a person has too much body fat. Weight that is higher than what is considered as a healthy weight for a given height is described as overweight or Obesity.
Body Mass Index, (BMI) is used as a screening tool for obesity. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a person's weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range. Obesity happens over time when you eat more calories than you use.
The balance between calories-in and calories-out differs for each person.
Factors that might affect your weight include your genetic makeup, overeating, eating high-fat foods, not being physically active, medical ailments like hypothyroidism, depression,polycystic ovarian disease, hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause ,lack of sleep .
Risks associated with Obesity:
If you're obese, you're more likely to develop a number of potentially serious health problems, including:
- High Cholestrol
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Breathing disorders, including sleep apnea
- Gallbladder disease
- Gynecological problems, such as infertility and irregular periods
- Osteoarthritis Knee
- Fatty Liver
- Social stigma leading to isolation and depression.
Coping Strategies: The goal of person wanting to lose weight should be make changes in your eating habits and increased physical activity. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you take in.
- Dietary Changes: These include calorie cutting, eating lower energy density foods which help you feel full for longer periods, healthier plant based and lean meat diet.
- Exercise and be active.
- Sleep on time.
- Drink water throughout the day to keep your metabolic rate high.
- Homoeopathic Medicines: These medicines are safe and free from any side-effects and help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism, improving your digestion and creating a sense of fullness.
This causes less food intake and so less fat build-up. Homoeopathy treats each person individualistically by knowing the cause of his obesity.
Few homoeopathic medicines for weight loss are- Calcarea .carb, Phytolecca.b, Ammonium.carb,Graphites and Kali.carb.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!