Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kuresh Pandiwala
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kuresh PandiwalaYour feedback matters!
My wife is now having breathing difficulty. She around 56 yrs and under went an open heart surgery in 2009. Echo gram shows her EF as 40%. Her previous EF 6 months ago was 52%. What is the reason. What precaution and treatment are required.
I'm 22 years old. I've been smoking for 6 months. When I started smoking, I used to smoke 10 cigarettes in a day. 1 month ago I started smoking 2 cigarettes a day. 2 weeks ago I was having liquor on a friend's birthday (I drink occasionally) after that we had vaang with malai kulfi. First 1 hour I was ok but then when I got back home, I started feeling suffocated and also started vomiting, feeling weak, legs started shaking, chest pain etc. I took pankreoflat after that and PAN40 and everything came back to normal. Next day I was alright and had home made breakfast, lunch, dinner and didn't smoke. 2 days later I had pizza and I felt uneasy. It felt like something stuck inside my chest. I was shocked but it got stopped after few hours of rest. From then on I started taking home made food and take green tea twice in a day and drink lots of water. But sometimes I feel like the food is not going down , it gets stuck somewhere in chest. I also feel chest pain in the morning. Is this digestion problem or lungs problem and what should I do now?
My husband is 76 yrs. He is CLL patient. 2011 was taken chemo. Now his heart's tube has become thin. Maybe he have to perform an operation this year. Is there danger? Blood pressure is high in the rest of the normal.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.