Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KunalYour feedback matters!
Patient with 6 month amenorrhoea (pregnant) having severe right lumbar region pain extends from behind to forward up to groin region what's diagnosis if usg shows normal? reply.
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have had unprotected sex before 14 days and after 36 hrs of sex I took unwanted 72 pill to prevent my pregnancy and my periods start between 7 to 20 date every month and last night 9 may my periods start. So I wanna know now I am not pregnant because I don't want to be pregnant. Is it normal I mean I'm not pregnant. Please could you suggest me. Sir/ma'am.
Hello Dr. last year I was pregnant with a hydrocephalus head baby so it was aborted in fifth month of pregnancy. Now my torch is normal my karyotype is normal n my husband's karyotype is also normal. I want to ask that can I have normal baby ever in my life or my previous history of abortion will affect my baby again.
I had sex two weeks back and I have taken ipill within 2 hours of sex. Since I was in a hurry I dono whether the pill has gone inside my mouth or it fell down sumver. After 1 week of sex I got light bleeding but its not periods. The bleeding is still continuing ts already 7 days of bleeding? am I pregnant or is it the side effects of ipill? please help me.
Hi I am married trying to conceive 2 years before I used to have period flow for 4 days and now I hardly bleed for two days with miniature clots. I have 26-30 days cycle why does my blood flow reduced and whether it affects my pregnancy please help.
I am 22 married. Am looking for contraceptive pills. Could you please suggest some good pills without any serious side effects.
Breast areola is far rounded and nipples are black had PCOS problem so periods are irregular . please guide me
Me and my wife is doing sex without protection for a baby and following monthly cycle period too But not able to conceive a pregnancy please guide us in this matter.
High blood pressure is a condition in which the pressure of the blood against the artery wall is high enough to cause health problems, including heart disease. No symptoms may be noticed in a person for years but the damage to the blood vessels and to your heart continues. High blood pressure can have an impact on your sex life. Although sexual activity does not lead to any possible threats to your health but high blood pressure can affect the pleasure you would have otherwise derived from sex.
High blood pressure leads to the wearing out of the lining of blood vessels and causes arteries to narrow and harden that decreases the blood flow. This results in decreased blood flow to the penis. In case of some men, this decreased blood flow makes it difficult for them to achieve and maintain an erection. This problem is called erectile dysfunction.
High blood pressure may also interfere with ejaculation and be a cause for low libido. The medications that are prescribed for treating high blood pressure may lead to this condition.
Just as in the case of men, high blood pressure results in the decreased flow of blood to the vagina in case of women. This may cause problems like low libido, vaginal dryness, or complexities in achieving orgasm. Sexual dysfunction in women results in stress, anxiety and even relationship issues.
My wife is having dry hymen. Tried sex many times, but couldn't break into her hole. She is experiencing a lot of pain. What should I do?
I want to become pregnant, so after having sex on my fertile period what should I avoid to become pregnant.
I am 7 months pregnant and 8 months is going on. I have lower back pain and legs pains. Does it affect my baby? What should I do so that I can get relief?
My wife's period not started after delivery (c section) have passed 7months. My child is fully depending upon breastfeeding.
HOW TO UNTWIST YOUR THINKING:
This comes from Dr David Burns and is in his book "The Feeling Good Handbook, revised edition."
1 IDENTIFY THE DISTORTION Write down your negative thoughts so you can see in which of the 10 cognitive distortions you're involved. This will make it easier to think about the problem in a more positive and realistic way.
2 EXAMINE THE EVIDENCE Instead of assuming that your negative thought is true, examine the actual evidence for it. For example, if you feel that you never do anything right, you could list several things you have done successfully.
3 THE DOUBLE-STANDARD METHOD Instead of putting yourself down in a harsh, condemning way, talk to yourself in the same
compassionate way you would talk to a friend with a similar problem.
4 THE EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUE Do an experiment to test the validity of your negative thought. For example, if, during an episode of panic, you become terrified that you're about to die of a heart attack, you could jog or run up and down several flights of stairs. This will prove that your heart is healthy and strong.
5 THINKING IN SHADES OF GRAY Although this method might sound drab, the effects can be illuminating. Instead of thinking about your problems in all-or-nothing extremes, reevaluate things on a range from 0 to 100. When things don't work out as well as you hoped, think about the experience as a partial success rather than a complete failure. See what you can learn from the situation.
6. THE SURVEY METHOD Ask people questions to find out if your thoughts and attitudes are realistic. For example, if you believe that public speaking anxiety is abnormal and shameful, ask several friends if they ever felt nervous before they gave a talk.
7. DEFINE TERMS When you label yourself "inferior" or "a fool" or "a loser," ask, "What is the definition of 'a fool'?" You will feel better when you see that there is no such thing as "a fool" or "a loser."
8. THE SEMANTIC METHOD Simply substitute language that is less colorful and emotionally loaded. This method is helpful for "should statements." Instead of telling yourself "I shouldn't have made that mistake," you can say, "It would be better if I hadn't made that mistake."
9. RE-ATTRIBUTION Instead of automatically assuming that you are "bad" and blaming yourself entirely for a problem, think about the many factors that may have contributed to it. Focus on solving the problem instead of using up all your energy blaming yourself and feeling guilty.
10. COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS List the advantages and disadvantages of a feeling (like becoming angry when your plane is late,) a negative thought (like "No matter how hard I try, I always mess up, ") or a behavior pattern (like overeating and lying around in bed when you're depressed.) You can also use the Cost-Benefit Analysis to modify a self-defeating belief such as, "I must always try to be perfect."
As I've stated before, these methods are not something to be tried once or twice and dispensed, but are good skills to be ongoing in your life with day to day.