Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KunalYour feedback matters!
I m unmarried my age is 22 I have periods problem, my periods is not happening past three how can I get rid from this problem.
I am pregnant. Nd from the 3rd month of pregnancy I am suffering from the acidity problem. Now my 5th month of pregnancy is going on. Please give me your advice.
I am suffering from PCOD. I am taking ayurvedic medicines. But still I have irregular periods, my weight is increasing. What can be done?
Hi all, My period cycle is 28 days, so according to the previous month I should expect to get this 06th Dec 17 but I didn't get yet. Also I have done 3 times pregnancy test in every 2 alternative days by using 3 type of prega test kit. All are showing negative! please suggest me what should I do?
I M female. Married before 2 years. Want to plan for baby. But unable to conceive. My period is also going to regular. please suggest me.
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes aging has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component related with aging. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace, while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to aging. It has been discovered that a lot of aging factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
Now, a little bit of cellular details:
There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated DNA accelerates the aging process.
To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
Since, the most obvious and apparent aging is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall aging process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated aging.
While everybody tries to maintain the younger look, aging is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, aging may not be something that can be stopped completely.
5 foods that fight water retention
Fluid or water retention is a health condition in which there is an excessive buildup of fluids in the body and as a result, the feet swell up the first. While there are medicines which help combat this situation, there also exist foods which act against this situation, hence, should be consumed regularly. Salt should be avoided if you are experiencing water retention.
1. Melons: fruits which have a high content of potassium are good for reducing water retention. It is a good idea to start the day with fruits like melons and citrus fruits.
2. Nuts: nuts have vitamin b6 which works against the bloated feeling one gets when there is water retention.
3. Water: odd it may sound but when your body is dehydrated and in needs water, you can face water retention. In such cases, drink ample water for the swelling to subside. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water and enough before going to sleep. If drinking plain water is a pain, then add slices of lemon, mint leaves and grated ginger in the water.
4. Salmon: it is one super food which is loaded with omega-3s that is good for our health and act against water retention. You can also have flax, herring, mackerel, and tuna.
5. Green leafy vegetables: blot fighting goods like watercress, celery, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers should be included in daily diet. It is always a good idea to have a salad during meals.
In case water retention is of long duration, must consult a doctor to rule out any medical problem leading to excessive water retention.
Regarding family planning, is there any option to reverse in future. As I have 2 girl kids. Please check.
Please give me precaution to be taken during sex to avoid pregnancy other than condom. I personally use Durex condom during sex.
I missed my monthly period this month n i think its bcoz of my changed lifestyle i m 19 yrs old n is on break from studies i m kinda sleeping late like 1.30 and getting up by 11 or 12 sometimes. So of my change i think i m not getting periods. I m still waiting for it . Hope it starts . Can u please tell me how can i get my periods every month on time as it really bothers me.
For the past three days I've been suffering from severe pain in my right breast. I consulted a gynec and she checked and told me to go for ultrasound breast, meanwhile she gave me taxim 200 10tabs and told me to take them twice daily. I got the ultrasound done. The doctor who did the ultrasound told me that there are no lumps. I feel extreme pain. And I can feel some nodes that cause real pain. Can't even touch that swollen nodes part. Can anyone pls help me out. The reason and everything about this.
Actually my period date was december 30th but till now I didn't get period every month I am getting periods regularly and also I am planning for pregnancy so yesterday I mean 5th day after missed period I done self UPT test but it showed negative result this means am I not pregnant please suggest me can I check after how many days.
What to take if one has 7th week of pregnancy and feels no urge of food, vomiting and lack of energy.
I am 23 weeks pregnant, and my SGPT Levels - Alanine Transaminase have come high this time - 39.4 U/L. Whereas the normal range is 10-28. Kindly advise what could be the reason and what should I do about it?
Benefits of Red Wine:
1. The antioxidants:
The red wine contains antioxidants, especially resveratrol, which is found in grape skins and seeds. The importance of antioxidans is long known, they fight free radicals and this way protects the healthy cells against their action.
2. Prevents heart attack:
The resveratrol has an important role in blood thining. It works quickly, preventing the platelets (cells involved in blood clotting) to stick together. Through this mechanism, the resveratrol can prevent heart attack.
Consumed with moderation, as medicine, red wine decreases the risk of heart attacks in eldry people, with aproximately 30-50%. For people who have already suffered a heart attack, the red wine has the power to prevent another attack. Red wine can increase the amount of hdl (the good cholesterol) and prevents ldl (the bad cholesterol). The studies have reported that people who regularly and moderately comsume red wine, presents a lower risk of being diagnosed with cardiovascular disease. The moderate consumption of red wine reduces inflammation of chronic smokers blood vessels, prevents blood clots and reduces vessel damage caused by fat deposits.
3. Helps the digestion:
It was noticed that the natural, untreated red wine helps digestion and prevents bloating. A glass of red wine, after a meal rich in meat and fats, helps in evacuation of waste from the intestine, thus reducing the risk of gastric or duodenal ulcer.
4. Skin care:
Also the red wine is ideal for skin care. The resveratrol from its composition helps the skin to remain young and firm, protecting it from free radicals and delaying the appearance of wrinkles. To enjoy an extra of beauty and freshness at skin level, add each time in the bath watter, one or two glasses of red wine.
5. Prevents breast cancer:
The red wine prevents and keep the breast cancer under control. The scientists at harvard university have found that women who drink two glasses of red wine per day have a 50% lower chances to suffer from breast cancer, while specialists from the university of calabria, italy, found that women who have already been diagnosed with this disease can keep it under control if they drink a glass of red wine every day
6. Phytoestrogen effects:
The resveratrol is a phytoestrogen. There are certain herbs that can play the estrogen role in organism, by having similar effects. Thus, it was sugested that the red wine can combat some problems caused by lack of estrogen, such as osteoporosis or premature menopause. However, these assumpsions have not been proven yet. For those who do not like red wine, the good news is that the resveratroul is also found in peanuts, blueberries and rosehips.
Severe abdominal pain occurs during menstruation. Why it occurs? And what to be done to control it? After taking Meftal -spas also I don't feel any difference.
Suffering from extreme fatigue, heavy head. 21 day onwards of infection. Herpes detected Elisa on 21 day negative 12 days of weakness.PLease tell.
Have a mango everyday for the following health benefits.
1) For Clear Skin - Eating mangoes helps in clearing clogged pores and reducing acne or other impurities. It helps the skin glow when used externally (application of pulp).
2) For Improved Sex Performance - Mangoes have aphrodisiac quality. They are a rich source of vitamin E and other hormone balancing minerals. They help in improving your libido as well as sexual performance.
3) For Cholesterol Control - Mangoes have appreciable levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C which together help in lowering serum cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol). It also known to help in losing weight.
4) For Eye Health - Vitamin A is most crucial for your eye health and a good eye sight. A single big ripe mango ensures a fourth of needed daily value of vitamin A.
5) To Alkalize Your Body - The tartaric acid, malic acid as well as citric acid found in the fruit help in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
6) To Boosts Immunity - Having good amount of this fruit in the season equips you for the entire year. Armed with a high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A as well as battery of carotenoids, mangoes are the best fruit for immunity building.
7) For Diabetes Check - Mangoes have a relatively low glycemic index (41- 60) compared to other sweet fruits, therefore it is relatively safe for diabetics to consume it. Also, mango leaves extract is know to normalize blood insulin levels.
8) Improves Digestion - The high fiber content of mangoes helps in digestion as well as elimination of waste. It contains enzymes for breaking down protein, which boosts digestion too.
9) To Protect From Heat Stroke - 'Aam Panna, raw mango pulped and made into a sweet/sour drink, is know to help the body cool down. It helps against beating the heat and fights dehydration.
10) Prevents Cancer - The rich antioxidant compounds and enzymatic properties of mango, safeguards against leukemia, colon, breast, as well as prostate cancers.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Cleaning your refrigerator can be the difference between good health and bad health. Most of the times, you may neglect cleaning inside your fridge or just randomly stock up your fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. Unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment. Following are the reasons why keeping your fridge will make you healthy:
- Prevent growth of bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Organization of foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Get rid of expired or rotten food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
- Temperature control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.