Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kuldeep Singh Sandu
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kuldeep Singh SanduYour feedback matters!
Can some serious conditions be causing my back pain? If so, which ones and what are their symptoms? Have they been ruled out?
My mother has been suffering from leg pains since 2014. She got spine operation for that and it is temporarily cured. What is the permanent solution? Please tell me sir/madam.
I am suffering from little right side back pain and now numbness of whole abdomen only right side also hand and leg too, sometime on face. I have taken treatment from many doctors, still same problem. How can you help me please?
Are you experiencing pain in your feet? Are you having difficulty with mobility because of it? Feet pain is a very common form of pain affecting people of different age groups. This type of pain may occur anywhere in the foot such as the heel, toe, sole, arch or ankle. Several factors like old age, wearing defective shoe, certain fractures, mineral deficiency, diabetes and other conditions lead to feet pain.
Here are some tips you should follow to get the feet pain under control:
- Hot and cold water therapy: Hot and cold water therapy is quite effective in treating feet pain. The hot water treatment promotes blood flow while the cold water treatment reduces inflammation. Fill a bucket with cold water and another one with hot water. Dip your feet in hot water for three minutes and then dip it in cold water. Repeat this process three to four times and end with a cold water dip. You can also opt for a heat pad and ice pack, to be used alternately.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt soothes the feet and gives instant relief from several types of feet pain. Epsom salt is made of magnesium and helps in relaxing the feet by reducing pain. Add three spoons of Epsom salt in a warm water tub and soak your feet in it for at least 20 minutes.
- Ice: Ice therapy is very effective in reducing pain and swelling in the feet. Add crushed ice in a plastic bag and massage the affected area of your feet with it in a circular motion. A bag of frozen vegetables in a plastic bag can be used as well. The cold temperature numbs the nerve endings in the affected area, thereby giving relief. Swelling is also reduced because of this.
- Footwear modifications: Footwear modifications make a huge difference in the pain. You may need custom made footwear or sometimes ready made insoles. Regular stretches of the foot and calf muscles are also helpful.
Feet pain can also be treated by medications of several types prescribed by a doctor. However, the natural remedies are quite effective as they do not cause any side effect or extra risk to the body. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 68 years male. Some times, I have swelling in the lower portion of my legs ,ie. Around ankles. Some times, swelling disappears automatically. My TSH is normal.
I am 35 years old I have stiff neck problem. I am suffering from past 8 months. I have pain in neck, shoulder & headache. How to release this problem. I check doctor. Doctor told exercise must. But not release this problem. What to do.?
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.