Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Kukreja A.Your feedback matters!
I was in a relationship with a guy for the last 3 years. Now he is going to marry another one as his parents forced him to do so. I am feeling so lonely painful. I cant concentrate on my works family etc. Please help me. I dont want to be in depression. I want to be happy like before.
My just couldn't get over his drinking habit. For past 1yrs as we went into financial trouble he switched to desi alcohol which had sever impact on his health. He is diabetic now. He is very obsessed with it alcohol. He doesn't value any thing before it. Please help.
Dear Doctors, i'm 27 years old guy, I have some of my life & personality doubts to correct but i'm not yet capable of being followed by a psychologist due to the high fares of consultation in my country. I want to ask, what others alternatives free or affordable for someone to build me up?
A boy is so obssesed and desperate that he always texts me that too from untraceable company numbers. I donno how he pulls out my personal contact numbers. I complained to the police and he was warned twice to stop but his behaviour continues. I have done everything to make him understand i' m not interested in him. At times, I get scared what should I do to stop him before his behaviour gets extreme & tries to harm me in some way?
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered. However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue.
Mam I just want to ask that a person who is suffering from depression have to take medicines for their entire life?
He is very weak in studies language learning disability Weak in counting money but his brain is normal how he should improve his knowledge.
I want a healthy diet plan for weight loss! I have gained 5kgs and I really need to loose it so please help me out. I am having exam preparation holidays so I sit and study most of the time which leads to increase in weight. So I need a proper diet plan for my extra weight to come in control:(
Meri or mere bf ki 1 year break up ho gaya. Hum dono ke andar koi jhagra nehi huya. Ushe koi or mil gaya isliye usne mujhe chord diya. Pehle jab usne proposed kiya or kuch din bad maine ha bol diya. Wo mere liye pagal tha, main jaha jati wo mere piche piche jata tha, meri college ka koi kam ho to wo kar deta tha. Main agar usse break up karna chahti thi to wo rone lag jata tha. But kuch din bad wo kam ke liye kolkata chala jaya or dhire dhire mujhe contact karna chor diya. Maine bohat contact karneki kousish ki but kuch vi nehi huya. 1 year 2 months ho ho gaya phir vi main ushe bhool nehi pa rahi hun, uske saath bitaya gaya haar lamha mujhe jine nehi deta, uske saath bitaya huya memories mujhe andar se khaye ja rahi hai. Wo mujhe chorke khush hai paar main ushe vul nehi pa rahi hun. please help main keise thik hun? Keise usse vul jayun?
Hello. I have so much anxiety from I dnt knw how to overcome this anxiety. I have no control on my body. I think I have all kind of Anxiety. What should I do for that.
This question for my friend. She s 21 years old. She was tried to suicide before 7 months because of love failure. She used expiry tabs for suicide. She got back to normal in few days. Bt now she suffered from dengue fever, get many health issues nd continuous bleeding. Mentally she suffered alot. Doctors said these are the side effects of Suicide her stomach nd Utres also infected. And take blood in Back bone for further checkup. She s very scared. Is this very danger? She ill get back to normal?
I am 29 years old male I have a Anxiety and Depression and some times I feel very fear I am using Ayurvedic medicine under qualified Doctor he suggested me Brento and Amanda mitra vatakam for daily Use I can't feel any difference and I also taken Dharas treatment what can do for stay out off this problem completely.
I smoke about 4-5 cigerates daily. Does that mean I will be affected by cancer at later stages of my life.
Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects how a person sees the world. Schizophrenia makes it difficult for you to distinguish between what is real or unreal. It can stop you from thinking clearly, handling your emotions properly or functioning in a normal way. However, one can manage schizophrenia effectively. The best way is to recognise the signs and symptoms that one might be having. Here is how you can recognise the symptoms of schizophrenia:
- Delusions: A delusion is an idea that a person might have despite there being obvious evidence that it is not true or does not exist. These are extremely common in schizophrenia and occur in ninety percent of the people with this disorder. These delusions can be of many types:
- Delusion of persecution: When a person believes that someone is out to get them.
- Delusion of reference: a very neutral environmental event tends to have a personal meaning to them. They might think that a person on the TV or a billboard is trying to send a message specifically for them.
- Delusion of control: In this, a person believes that his or her actions are being controlled from the outside.
- Hallucinations: These are sensations or sounds that a person experiences as real when they only exist in that person’s mind. Visual hallucinations are relatively more common. These are only meaningful to the person who is experiencing them. These voices or visuals are usually horrific, vulgar, abusive or critical. They tend to increase in intensity when the person is alone.
- Disorganized speech: People who suffer from this order have a hard time maintaining or concentrating on certain thoughts. They may start sentences and forget what they were talking about. They might even go off track in the middle of conversations. People with this disorder usually say illogical things and speak incoherently. A patient may also make up words or phrases that only have a meaning to them.
- Disorganized symptoms: A person is unable to take care of himself or herself or their work. They face a decline in their overall daily functioning and their behaviours are bizarre and may have no purpose. People with this disorder cannot control their impulses.
- Negative symptoms: This refers to the absence of behaviours that usually appear normal to other people. These include lack of expressing oneself emotionally, lack of interest or enthusiasm. These also include speech difficulties or abnormalities as well as their lack of interest in the world.
Schizophrenia can be caused due to many reasons. These include lack of oxygen during birth, exposure to a virus during infancy, physical or sexual abuse, depression, hereditary components or enlarged brain ventricles. This disorder can affect a patient’s mental as well as physical health and can endanger the people around them as well as their relationships. Hence, the signs and symptoms should be recognised as early as possible in order to get the right kind of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.