Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kshipij ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 25years old male. I got married 3 months before. I have backpain for last 1 years becoz my job nature is like that. What should I do and What food can I take for having good sex?
I am 35 year old female and I have very serious problem in back from last 2 weeks I can can not stand without being any sportable thing.
I have back pain since last 2 months and I am only 23 years old. When I go to bed and sleep then I get more pain. What to do for this problem?
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.
Panchakarma is a therapy that has the objective to purify and detoxify the body. The therapy can help one get rid of many chronic diseases and also works as preventive treatment. Ayurveda describes panchkarma as more than a healing system. It is a combination of science and art of appropriate living to achieve longevity. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma for cleansing of body toxins, balancing all tridosha’s (Vata, Pitta and Kapha – three bio energies for body constitution).
Abhyangam: A gentle herbal oil massage to body which helps in relaxation and improves blood circulation
Swedan: Ayurvedic steam with ayurvedic herbs which removes the rigid toxins from the body an loosen the muscles
Basti: Medicated enema which aims to balance the vata dosha of body. Also helps in healing of degeneration of joints
Janu Basti: Knee joint is called as the Janu Sandhi in Sanskrit; hence the name Janu Basti .
Relieves knee pain
Balances Sleshaka Kapha, which regulates the synovial fluid in the joint, which is necessary for proper lubrication of the joint.
Yoga Various forms of yogasan are been taught which helps in restoring the mobility and give strength to the muscles.
Proper care along with Ayurvedic medicines and Panchakarma can surely avoid knee replacement surgery…………
Ayurvedic, Panchkarma & Naturopathy Centre
GH-14/ 1198, 1st Floor
Above Haryana Wala Sweets