Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krutika Patani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krutika PataniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors. If my girlfriends normal mens date is 16th Of every month she has a 30 day cycle right? She consumed a I pill on 23rd of August And then had withdrawal bleeding on the 29th of August that lasted for 2 days. The blood was more then spotting and less then a normal period and Dark in colour. Then on the 8th of September she had bleeding for 4 days. This bleeding was like a normal period. The blood was dark at the start and lightened as it went on for 4 days. She also had cramps like normal period and flow also was the same as a normal period. So now it's the 7th of October and she has been getting pimples on her face and cramps too. Will she get her periods on the 8th or 16th? Or is she pregnant? She has shown no signs so far of pregnancy. Please help me.
She has fibroid in her uterus. She did dnc test. Impression of histopathology report endometrial hyperplasia without atypia and chronic cervicitis is it any problem for her.
Before marriage my breast size was 30. But after marriage now it is 36ç. please help me to reduce my breast size.
A 38 year unmarried female, menstrual cycle changed to 24-26 days from past 5 years, flow is reduced too. No thyroid, weight is normal. Abdominal scan done so pcos, ovaries normal. Please advice.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice: Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise: Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy: A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques: These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We even not have intercourse properly, but she missed her periods, we are in fear that she is pregnant even we are not married, what should I do?
I am 22 years old, I have very irregular periods, also have PCOS. I had unprotected sex with my friend and after that my periods were 1 month late. When they started I got very light brown spotting in 1st week 2 days and then normal periods started after that one week. But its been a month periods have not stopped. I have heavy flow now. I was on pause mf for 8 days 16 tablets but no effect. Ultrasound showed polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness of 5mm, 10 days before. I have still heavy flow. Is this due to hormonal imbalance? Is there possibility of me being pregnant?
Chiropractic has been around for over a century and was originally defined by its creator DD Palmer and taken from the Latin for 'done by hand'.
While it took some time to develop a basic premise, in the early stages the ideas that formed its base had many influences. D.D. Palmer was originally a 'magnetic' healer with an interest in the metaphysical. B.J. Palmer his son had probably the most impact on the expansion of the profession.
Hippocrates said "It is most necessary to know the nature of the spine. One or more vertebrae may or may not go out of place very much and if they do, they are likely to produce serious complications and even death, if not properly adjusted. Many diseases are related to the spine".
This may have been an underlying thought that people at the time had. D.D. could have, at least at some point believed it to be always the case. And so he set about 'adjusting' or manipulating the spine in an attempt to help people with various complaints.
The basis of care focused on the integrity of the spine and nervous system. It was known that the brain controls every system in the body and uses the spinal cord and nerves to deliver messages to every part of the body. Palmer taught that if you are unwell there is a good chance that your nervous system was involved and that the chiropractor's job was to correct it.
He used his metaphysical interest to introduce the concept of 'Innate intelligence'. This thought involves the inbuilt ability of the body to heal itself and that any interference to the "flow" of this intelligence could cause 'dis-ease'. "The kind of dis-ease depends upon what nerves are too tense or too slack"
Later that concept developed into a more accepted version. This was still based on the thought that the body has an inbuilt ability to heal but that stressors on the body would disrupt the spinal joint motion. The most common causes of stress was believed to be Emotional, Physical and Chemical.
By the 1920's the research on spinal motion, disc herniation and nerve impingement was well underway in the medical realm. This at least showed that disruption to a spinal joint can irritate nearby nerves. D.D. termed this a Vertebral Subluxation - a dysfunction of a spinal joint that irritates a spinal nerve. It is a chiropractic specific term not to be confused with the medical term of subluxation.
And it has been this term 'vertebral subluxation' that has continued to dog the profession from inside and out. From inside there are practitioners who hold firm to this construct, others that have let it go, each side being very vocal. Of course from outside the profession this has been seen as a mark of disunity and has tarnished the professions credibility.
Palmer said, the chiropractor's role is to adjust subluxated spinal vertebrae back to their best position and restore joint motion. The premise being that this will remove any nerve interference and associated symptoms.
This is what they do, and the reason they believe they do it is of some contention. But what is not at all debated is that Workcover NSW Australia (a state-wide workers compensation scheme) do not have any bias toward Chiropractic or Physiotherapy treatment for injured workers. This at least implies they have similar return on investment to each other with respect to injured workers regardless of the type of injury.
A study in Canada in the late 1990's implied the results from chiropractic and other modalities for the treatment of lumbar disc herniation was effective and appropriate in comparison to a medical alternative treatment. A number of other studies also mentioned that manipulation is safe and appropriate for the great majority of patients with lumbar disc herniation.
So it appears that this constantly debated premise for why chiropractor's do what they do has very little bearing on patient outcome.
A recent study out of New Zealand 2016 shows that a manipulation does in fact cause a change in brain function. So maybe the research will one day be able to clarify the underlying belief of the subluxation that has dogged and divided the profession.
Whether a Chiropractor is improving the "Innate Intelligence" or helping the lower back repair after a work injury, one thing is still a reality, they have been helping people naturally for more than 100 years without drugs or surgery. Maybe this could be a more appropriate fact to inspire the profession to unite and move forward?