Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna MalekarYour feedback matters!
From morning I have my eyes like full of blood redness in the eye and their is pain in my lower back head and the sides of the head when ever I speak it pains. And I feel dizziness and some type of feeling then I will fell down Can you tell me what happens to me and how to overcome the problem.
I wanna remove my spectacles. Is it possible By regular exercise and yoga? My rgt eye disorder is - 5.25 and left eye disorder is - 3.50 Plssss give me a helpful way to remove.
I has sight of -3.5 and I want to go 4 a laser treatment. Are there any side affects. And what is postoperative care.
Hi I am having a medium sized lump under my lower eye lid from 3 weeks which is not hurting. I expected it to be gone naturally. But now to the side of the lump I am having a thin inflammation which cannot be noticed but it is paining in that region (which is not the actual lump region). Please suggest anything to reduce pain and inflammation before I consult.
I have yellow eyes since last 5 days. What it may be and what should I do? Please give me suggestion.
I am 43 years old .My right eye retina got damaged in 1996 without any specific injury. It has resulted in to squint in my vision. Can this problem be rectified. If yes, then how and also if there will be any post rectification issues? Adesh SrivastavaMob 9810598463Faridabad.
After working 2 to 3 hours on computer my eyes got burning sensation and it become very dry what should I do?
I am working in IT company. So I use to work in PC some time I fill like pain in my eyes. Are this is the symptoms of Inc. In eye site.
Hlo sir, im having the problem of poor eye sight (distant view) and even after constant use of specs my eye sight is getting poorer. So please suggest me to how to improve my eye sight naturally.
Sir my age was 19 years and my weight was 45 kgs I have the eye sight with 2.5 I have wearing glasses from 6 months and I am not interested to wear glasses can I reduce the eye sight to normal by taking healthy foods please tell me what foods want to take regular and eye drops or medicine want to take please recommend or laser treatment could helps me.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.