Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. KrantiYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old, female. Since last 2 weeks I have some backpain. I used pain killer. But its still there. Please help me.
There was a certain pain in my left leg from a month so I consult with physiologist and he said that there are gap in the vertebral column and you don't pick a weight more than 12 kg and I love to go in the gym so now what's other precaution I will take to avoid that pain?
I am 55 years old. Now I find climbing up the stairs and climbing down the problem I get stuck up sometimes and get nervous too on the roads etc. What shall I do? shall I come and visit you? tell you my problems.
I am suffering from back pain. I am also suffering from knee joint pain. Ankles of my both feet are also paining too much. Is there any possibility that these are the symptoms of authorites or these are signs of some other serious ailments? if so then please advise me some medicine for this so that I can get rid of this painful problem. Thank you.
Sir I have some body pains and leg pains total body pains of too much daily night sir how to solve my problem sir.
What are muscle knots?
Muscle knots are points within a muscle where contracted fibers are unable to release 1, or, as the dictionary puts it: highly irritable localized spots of exquisite tenderness in a nodule in palpable taunt bands of muscle tissue.
A common problem for active people, muscle knots technically called myofascial trigger points, or mtps feel like a small knot to your fingertips. These knots can range from the size of a pinhead in smaller muscles to the size of your thumb in larger muscles. 2
Muscle knots can cause pain in two ways: (1) latent trigger points, which are knots that only hurt when you put pressure on them, and (2) active trigger points, which are knots that actively refer pain along your neural pathways, causing it in non-localized areas.
Trigger points in a constant state of contraction have excess metabolic waste and oxygen use because blood flow to this area stops this sends pain signals to the brain. Because your brain wants to stop the pain, it commands the muscle to rest, which leads to under-usage of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle shorten and tighten up.
What causes muscle knots?
The most common causes of muscle knots are:
1) accidents acute trauma, such as bad falls sports injuries that strain you joints and muscles
2) postural stress sitting too long with poor posture, sitting with no support, lifting improperly
Few months earlier I started playing volleyball, then I had lower leg pain near shin bone (maybe shin splint) on both legs. I decided to take rest and it was gone. Now few days earlier I started running and the pain had came back and became worse. I want to continue my running but I don't know how to minimise the pain. Please advise me something.
Am a driver am doing sitting job. Very long time I am having back pain. How can relief from back pain. Same time am a smoker past 7 years I am smoking regularly. Now I want to stop the smoking. Pls advice me.
Disc prolapse can be easily treated by nerve root injection or removal of disc fragment by endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia
Hello Doc, I had PCL injury in my left knee. I had some support belt for not moving my leg for 3 months and after that I had physiotherapy for 2 months but till I cannot bend my leg 100% I feel some kind of blockage and stiffness. If I run next day it starts paining. My doc and physiotherapist are not able to find exact solution to this. I would really appreciate if you can guide and help me on this. Thank you.
My mother is 69 yrs. Sagittal images of limbo sacral spine were obtained on body coil. She also has mild diffuse disc bulge and has numbness/ pain in her right leg. Please suggest what could be the solution.
Back bone is getting pain I having test also nice test and all for need to be back bone causes. Some bone are broken and some are wasting what I did plzz answer me.
Hey, my mother is a knee pain patient (40 yrs) In order to reduce the body weight We are going to buy an exercise machine. Please guide us the best .which suits all.
I am suffering from pain in my wrists since 4 months after having chikungunya fever which lasted for a week although the fever is gone since a while but this pain in joints in not going please tell me what is it and how to be treated?
Gone are the days when back pain affected a person only in their old age. Nowadays, almost every second person suffers from some kind of a backache. From sedentary lifestyle to certain diseases and ailments, the back pain can result from the amalgamation of various factors, making the condition painful (mild to chronic) and uncomfortable to the hilt. In this article, we will mainly stress upon the factors responsible for a back pain.
Underlying factors that often triggers a back pain
More than often, prolonged and chronic back pain interferes with the daily activities of a person, thereby jeopardizing their lives. For a proper treatment and management, one should first identify the factors responsible for the back pain. Some of the common and critical triggers include
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a neurological disorder whereby an inflammation or injury of the sciatic nerve (considered the largest nerve in the body) triggers numbness and a shooting pain that moves downwards, often from the lower back (the lumbar region) through the buttocks and hips into the back of one leg. Sometimes, a person may experience a pain down both the legs.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine: This is a painful degenerative disorder of the spine that mainly affects the neck and the lower back. Here, the cartilage of the discs and joints (lower back and neck) are damaged causing pain and weakness. In some people, the pain is so severe that it limits their motion to a great extent.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Stenosis of the lumbar spine results in severe back pain, especially in the lower half (lumbar area), triggered by narrowing down of the spinal canal.
- Osteoporosis of the spine: This is a bone disorder where the bones become so porous, thin and weak that they start to crack and break (including those of the spine), a condition known as vertebral compression fractures. These fractures are a common cause of weakness and back pain.
- Shingles: This is a viral infection (varicella-zoster virus) characterized by the appearance of a rash which is often painful. Shingles can occur in any part of the body including the spine. The viral infection in the spine is what triggers the back pain.
- Spinal Cancer, muscle spasm or ligament tear and strain on the back can give rise to back pain.
- Back pain can also be an outcome of rupture or disorder of the discs that act as a defensive shield between the spinal vertebrae.
- Leading a sedentary life can be dangerous, often causing back pain.
- People who are overweight or obese (especially the lower half) are known to suffer from a back pain.
- In many people, rigorous exercise and physical activities can be a major contributing factor, triggering a back pain.
- Women who wear high heels are more susceptible to developing a back pain.
- In addition to these, bad posture, stress, a poor quality mattress can equally contribute to back pain.
- Do not neglect the condition if the pain persists for more than a week. Get medical assistance to avoid further deterioration and complication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.