Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KowsalyaYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife had unprotected sex in the middle of the month. However, I ejaculated outside. Her last period (LMP) was on 20th Sept and period was due on 15th Oct 2016 but still she didn't get her period. We checked two three times at home and HPT shows negative. We are very much worried as we don't want baby now. She has 25 days cycle and sometimes it takes 28 to 30 days. Kindly suggest some pills or medicines to induce menses.
I have a wife and she delivered a baby for us, can I suck her breast milk and drink? Is there any risk in doing so? And can the milk give me health or effect my body and our baby?
I am 24 year old female. I am using pregnancy conceiving tablets from last 1 and half year as I am suffering with PCOD problem. So is this a right way to take these kind of medicines for long cycles? Is this cause any harm like cancer to my body? Please reply.
I had abortion. .when I was 2 months pregnant I got my periods next but it's been a week .the bleeding has not stopped. But it's not heavy also It's just like spotting? should I consult my doc?
Is that orgasm for woman is achieved easily by licking their vagina? If not what is the way of making them orgasm easier?
I am 29 years old female married, my menstrual are very painful I feel dizziness, sweating ,Bloating in the belly area. Now I want to know the reason of severe cramps and what would be the best time to conceive the baby my periods cycle are as under 9th july16 14th Aug'16 19th Sep'16 24th Sep'16 pls suggest.
Hello doc I have a 4.4 cm cyst on my right ovary which I realised a few days ago aftr doing USG .But I keep getting urinal infection for min of 2 time in a month for the lst 5-6 month. Plzz do advice. Thank you.
Hi.I got my periods about 10 days before but only lasted for 2 days. Still I feel that I am pregnant. Is it possible?
I donot have my menstrual cycle regular, but my mom says its genetic problem. Is this fine or seriously it can create problems.
I am married 2 months ago. I am taking Triquilar tabs to avoid pregnancy. Today I took my 4th tablet. Today my husband ejaculated inside me. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Should I take I-pill to avoid it. Thanks for your help Doc.
I am having acne problem since last 10 years. My age is 26 years and have gone through ultrasound and Pcod also. Please tell me permanent solution for this.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.