Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KowsalyaYour feedback matters!
My wife admit in hospital and baby done stool in UTERUS doctors tell me immediate operation. So in how many time operation done and it is wrong step or right. Please sir or madam tell me immediate.
Me and my gf had sex before 2 weeks of her periods without any contraception. I had ejaculated before and then went for an intercourse with her. It was her first time and it pained so we stopped. But after 2 weeks (on the due date) she had a lighter period with almost no pain and it lasted only two days. We are very worried. Could she be pregnant?
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from PCOS. Having excess hair growth on body, Irregular periods from last so many years. What treatment should be take?
Hi, I am 22 years old unmarried woman I have missed menstruation by the past 2 months. Why is it so? Please advice
I have severe pain on first day of my period. I cannot resist the pain without the painkiller. Sometimes I have to take 2-3 painkillers in a day. Kindly advise what could be the rwleason.
Sir am 24 years old, married women. Yesterday during sexual intercourse with my husband, I got pain in my vagina and suddenly blood came from vagina. From that time till now am getting abdominal pain and lightly bleeding, why it happen like this am scared abt this, can you suggest any medication, sir or madam please ans for my question? i am ful scared about this please
M trying for pregnancy from 5 days after ovulation but I got infection in passing the urine d nd comes out they after 15 minutes. I wants to ask that for dis going can pregnancy happens. Nd if having its harmful at my pregnancy. What should I do please tell. Actually after intercourse m not washing m jusss sleep nd washed in d morning m do this bcoz m search on net dat if you r washed dan pregnancy doesn't happens .it is true or not. please tell me what do's nd do needs are I do for healthy nd safe pregnancy.
I am facing problem of fatigue while working in office, most of the time after lunch and early in the morning. My age is 48 and have family history of Diabetes (Mother). I am doing blood urine test every year and doctor told nil report. Please guide my next step.
I have had unprotected sex before 14 days and after 36 hrs of sex I took unwanted 72 pill to prevent my pregnancy and my periods start between 7 to 20 date every month and last night 9 may my periods start. So I wanna know now I am not pregnant because I don't want to be pregnant. Is it normal I mean I'm not pregnant. Please could you suggest me. Sir/ma'am.
Hello Dr. last year I was pregnant with a hydrocephalus head baby so it was aborted in fifth month of pregnancy. Now my torch is normal my karyotype is normal n my husband's karyotype is also normal. I want to ask that can I have normal baby ever in my life or my previous history of abortion will affect my baby again.
Am 23 years old. I have pcod. My LMP is 26/3/2016. My hcg level is getting down. Strtd from 127 to 651. Now its reduced to 570.3. I taken a scan. Here is the status. Uterus measured 6.9x4.6 cms, small intrauterine sac seen measuring 4.1x4.7x3.7 mm, CDR poor, cervix measured 2.7 cms in length, internal is is closed, haemorrhagic corpus luteum seen measuring 3.6x3.5 cms, corpus luteum seen, no free fluid in pcod, probe tenderness, adnexal mass. Small intrauterine gestational sac seen. This is my scan report. Whether my pregnancy is healthy. There is chances of healthy pregnancy. Pls suggest. Am confused.
I usually get rashes in groin before period. Is there any relation between that and infertility. I also get nowadays nausea and breast pain before period which seams to be early pregnancy symptoms. Is it because of any hormonal problem.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.
She has her periods on 26dec on 20jan she had sex 21 she takes unwanted 72 pill next period got 26 jan 20feb 4 March but till now no period she got she had no relation in between is she is still pregnant.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.
You might be surprised to know that unknowingly you are consuming poisons in your daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, you end up troubling your health by consuming these food items. White rice, pasteurized cow milk, refined salt and refined sugar are the 4 white poisons, which are not good for your health. As they don’t have the right amount of protein, vitamins or minerals to keep your body healthy. Moreover, they increase the risk of developing other diseases like hypertension and diabetes. It has also been found via research that eating white rice increases the risk of diabetes by 17 percent.
Here is why you should stop eating these poisons:
- Pasteurized Cow Milk: The only good thing about this milk is that it has a longer life. The process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin A, B 12 and C from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Researchers have found that the process also destroys essential and good bacteria like lactobacillus acidophilus. Moreover, about 20% of iodine gets removed from the milk and thus after consuming it, you are more likely to develop constipation.
- White or Refined Rice: The process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
- Refined Sugar: White sugar or refined one is full of chemicals. It has no nutritional value. The chemical is derived from sugar cane or beet. Then, the juice of this substance is extracted to get fibre free sugar. The juice is mixed with lime during the refining process. This kills all vitamins present in the juice. Calcium sulphate and sulphuric acid are also used for bleaching of the sugar. This is done to make the sugar look more white than natural.
- Refined Salt: Normal table salt contains iodine. This is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining. The fluorides are bad when consumed in excess. Consumption of refined salt also increases blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.