Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Komal Salavi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Komal SalaviYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old female. I have recently developed a painful swelling near my ankle up to foot since 7 days. It pains on dorsiflexion of foot. It is not that warm on touch but it is tender. I got x ray done but it is clear, one of the Dr. Palpated it and said it seems to be soft tissues and no liquid. This happened after I slipped from stairs and got hit at tailbone, at that time no ankle sprain was there. In october 2014, I got my acl reconstruction for 2nd time in right leg, after that off and on swelling used to be at ankle but was never painful. Kindly suggest what it can be.
I suffering from effective distinction , I am diabetic since 20 years , I am 45 old suggest medicine for same.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.
Can penis size increased. I have seen adds which claim that they can increase penis size. Is it true?
I never had sex with anyone. I just touch girl vagina internally before doing tht I had piled off my finger nail so little blood was there. Is there any chance of hiv? I got so tensed I thought I loose my weight but I gained and I do not have any rashes, fever, headache nd all. But today suddenly feel like I am having some pimple like under my armpit its burning n when I touch its paining. Is there any chance of hiv?
I am male 44 years old. I am suffering from indigestion problem. Whole day I have no problem. But I have problem only from night 4 AM.
During winters, it is very important to eat food (like tomatoes, oranges, strawberry, etc) that are rich source of vitamin c as these help in improving immunity and fighting infections.
Bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits.